*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

Pics
Lovely family! Still trying to decide whether i should turn my 3 five almost six week old babies loose on the yard i have one adult female that already has the run of the backyard and i am not sure how i should introduce them ... do have any ideas?
Carefully (c:

I would place them in a small enclosure with temporary fence at first and see what happens. Take it a step at a time. Injuries can ruin one's day.

Yeah you have that right they r in their own little fenced in area outside already ... should i just open a section and guid her in too them orlet them out the whole backyard is fenced but its a big space and i already know they are protective of their space but their r other animals like chickens running free on the backyard so little girl , the adult duck , is use to being around the yard . I just worry about her because she has a limp was attacked by a dog before i got her.

If you are quick on your feet, you could let them out and see what happens.

Might consider giving everyone treats at the same time before you do that, so they're feeling good and happy.

Just watch, watch, watch. And step in if it goes beyond a little pushing.

And it could be love at first sight. Won't know till ya see it.

I have one of those octagon dog pens..about 20" high. I put mine in there first and see if the free rangers show any interest in them b4 i turn them loose. When I do turn them loose I make sure I have enough time to be able to sit out there and watch them for at least an hour. But for the first week, I don't let them out all night. They go back to their "house" and then out again in the morning :)

If you are quick on your feet, you could let them out and see what happens.

Might consider giving everyone treats at the same time before you do that, so they're feeling good and happy.

Just watch, watch, watch.  And step in if it goes beyond a little pushing.

And it could be love at first sight.  Won't know till ya see it.

Thanks i may try my next day off . If all goes well may just move all four to a different location in the yard need to fence in a new section anyway so ... exspecting new grand baby the plan is to cut backyard into three sections play area , duck pond and chicken & friends area want to put some type of garden in each

This is little girl our adult duck .

Last edited:

big ducks house which I've still not finished painting! They all just free range around the garden. The lil ducks are starting to gang up on the bigguns and seem really protective of me!

Back
Top Bottom