*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

Pics
Hello there! I'm sorry I haven't been around lately... I've been sick and SO busy! I haven't gotten a chance to read through and catch up, but I will soon lol. I wanted to stop in and say hello & let everyone know I'm not being a butt munch, I'm just sick and busy LOL! I hope everyone is doing well!!!
Ooh, sad to read you are not well, but grateful for the check-in! Take vitamins with electrolytes and probiotics, spend time in the tub, with Epsom salts, make sure you're getting enough leafy greens, peas, and your favorite nutritious treats and fresh water. Stay with some good peeps, and watch out for yourself.

Hi! The one on the right definately looks like a runner, not sure about the other 2 though. I think the one on the left at the front could be female just because the markings are similar to that of a female rouen/mallard. Not sure about the other one.  The best way to tell is by their voices. i have 5 week old ducklings too. The females are definately starting to try and quack  or kind of hum, and the males either keep quiet or they squeal like girls! Hope that helps a little!?
lol i think either i have 2 males and one female or just the opposite ... the buff or cream colored duck spoke first and talks the most , that one's name is quackers. The other two just reciently started voicing their opinions. The friend that gave them to me ... well gave the eggs to me had 4 other ducks that came with them but some stray dogs killed 3 of them in his yard before i could get by there to pick them up. They were his babies and the stray problem was why he gave them to me.and i just love them. I do have one adult female that servived the attack but she has a perniment limp now ... She's great though i have not introduced her to the youngsters yet a little worried about how to do that because she has the run of the backyard and they have been limited to their own space until they get all their teen feathers. Will earlier be better or should i wait

New photo

Quacker's is in the middle , Lucky on the left ,and Waddles on the right. I should have named Waddles puddles because he /she loves stomping in mud puddles a habit the other two just picked up lol they are all the same age but Quackers talked first and still the most he/she was also the biggest of the three ;However, the other two seem to be catching up some . All three have become more social since we moved them to a bigger pen with their own pool. I hope to let them loose in the backyard before long we are building a small pond because the pool just isnt big enough and hard to keep clean . They like to play under the hose too so we will set the hose to mist when the weather is to warm and the pool needs cleaning lol

Not sure this our first experence raising ducks . We kept ours on starter until 4 weeks almost five now we give them some 5 in 1 and sometimes bread or live minnows in their pool as a treat but not often because it spoils them lol .

Hi stranger! How are you and the babies? Sorry to hear you haven't been well. Hope you make a speedy recovery.

Hey! I'm still sick, and the infection is still in my bone...antibiotics just aren't helping :/ The babies are all getting SO BIG! OMG they are so messy! Lol. I'll post some pics soon :) I had 38 eggs in the bators..I'm down to 1 runner (I'm pretty sure it quit), 1 lady Amherst pheasant, 1 EE bantam, and the quail are due to hatch tomorrow but i haven't seen any egg movement or heard anything yet, so i have my fingers crossed. I also have 5 Pekin and 8 runner eggs i got today (love u silkie lol) that are setting for tonight and HOPEFULLY the post office didn't scramble them this time (they only managed to break 1 egg in this shipment). My daughter's 7th birthday party was today....it was nice, i just wish i didn't feel like crap all day and now i just want to lay down & sleep for a week! I'm actually on my cell right now cause i don't feel like loading my lap top up lol. Thanks for the get well wishes!

Hope it isn't serious and get well soon.:)

Thanks! :)

Ooh, sad to read you are not well, but grateful for the check-in!  Take vitamins with electrolytes and probiotics, spend time in the tub, with Epsom salts, make sure you're getting enough leafy greens, peas, and your favorite nutritious treats and fresh water.  Stay with some good peeps, and watch out for yourself.

Thanks! I will def try all of that!! I've been drinking tons of water! Lol

So as i was writing these replys i heard a loud pop and my ducks scream... I look over and their heat lamp had EXPLODED! DH and i jumped up, ran over, and grabbed them out of the brooder really fast...they seen ok, but now theydon't have a heat lamp til i can get to the store tomorrow.... Scared the living crap out of us! My hubby was like wow, are u ok? I was laying in bed feeling really nausious & dizzy and still managed to cross my bedroom in a matter of seconds and grab my babies! Lol. Thank goodness they aren't hurt! Now I'm going to lay down & pray the nauseous feeling goes away while DH cleans out the brooder! Night everyone!

9 new indian runners hatched yesterday :) She still is sitting 6 eggs...we'll give her 48 hours more and see what happens.....11 total for this year :)

9 new indian runners hatched yesterday :) She still is sitting 6 eggs...we'll give her 48 hours more and see what happens.....11 total for this year :)
Lovely family! Still trying to decide whether i should turn my 3 five almost six week old babies loose on the yard i have one adult female that already has the run of the backyard and i am not sure how i should introduce them ... do have any ideas?

They r
he's huge in comparision. They are all lovely

Bueatiful! They r all such characters arent they... i gave mine a minnow treat in their pool the other day , first time, now when i go to feed them they just look at me then the pool lol as if to say wheres our fish lol its so funny . I try to treat them once a month .

Back
Top Bottom