Saddle sack? Help needed please!

There's not much you can do about saddle air cells at this time. I had one in the incubator that I took from my call hen when she abandoned it, and it's malpositioned. You have a 50/50 chance.
@HeatherKellyB is a good person to walk you through this. You still have a week and a half to two weeks to go.
Thank you. Heather has been really helpful. Everybody seem so kind, it's lovely x

I've hatched saddled air cell eggs many times. Try not to worry too much about that.

Next time make sure you by at least one more thermometer to calibrate before you set eggs again. Same with a humidity gauge to salt test.

Those two things are extremely important.

I've hatched saddled air cell eggs many times. Try not to worry too much about that.

Next time make sure you by at least one more thermometer to calibrate before you set eggs again. Same with a humidity gauge to salt test.

Those two things are extremely important.
Thank you. I have a separate thermometer and hygrometer inside the incubator. The temp has been pretty steady at 37.5 and I just top up with water to try and keep humidity around 50% x

All are still moving and air cells have grown, albeit only slightly. Most are taking up most of the available space but there is one that seems to have more room than the rest. I plan to lockdown on day 23, which is Thursday coming ❤️

All are still moving and air cells have grown, albeit only slightly. Most are taking up most of the available space but there is one that seems to have more room than the rest. I plan to lockdown on day 23, which is Thursday coming ❤️
Some of my saddled air cells hatch just fine, but a few just won't hatch and there's really nothing you can do.
I hope you have a great hatch. :)

Back
Top Bottom