Sapphire gem laid her first egg!!

Well, that's encouraging. Here I sit, waiting, waiting, waiting.....My Easter Egger at 18 weeks laid one egg 6 days ago and nothing since. She keeps going alone into the nest box and coming out singing the egg song, but no second egg yet!!!

Well, that's encouraging. Here I sit, waiting, waiting, waiting.....My Easter Egger at 18 weeks laid one egg 6 days ago and nothing since. She keeps going alone into the nest box and coming out singing the egg song, but no second egg yet!!!
My sapphire gem is still doing that. She’ll lay once or maybe twice in a row and then won’t lay for another 4-7 days. Yesterday and today I got a different egg. I haven’t been home to see who laid them. I don’t think they came from my sapphire gem. I am thinking it is my golden comet. They are light brown with a bunch of white speckles.

Oooh, congratulations on the new layer, too! Well, it really is encouraging to know your pullet is doing the same thing as mine, thanks. Incidentally, I have two Sapphire Gem's that are going to be 16 weeks on Sunday. Maybe they'll be prompt like your girl!

My sapphire gem laid her second egg yesterday. This time it was small and round. Similar color, but very different shapeView attachment 2766858

4 days in between

Oooh, congratulations on the new layer, too! Well, it really is encouraging to know your pullet is doing the same thing as mine, thanks. Incidentally, I have two Sapphire Gem's that are going to be 16 weeks on Sunday. Maybe they'll be prompt like your girl!
My sapphire gem is still doing that. She’ll lay once or maybe twice in a row and then won’t lay for another 4-7 days. Yesterday and today I got a different egg. I haven’t been home to see who laid them. I don’t think they came from my sapphire gem. I am thinking it is my golden comet. They are light brown with a bunch of white speckles.
My Easter Egger who laid her first at 18 weeks waited 10 days to lay the second today! Thanks for the encouragement!

HELP! I just got home and my sapphire gem is not acting right. she was very slow moving and fluffed out. We saw part of an egg hanging out and I went to pick her up and it fell out. It was a soft shelled egg. She seems to be acting better now. Staying with the rest of the flock and eating and drinking. What can I do to prevent this? I give them all flock feed with oyster shells on the side but she doesn’t seem to eat them.

Back
Top Bottom