Save My Marriage II: Pepper Or Salt - More Big Holes

Which shaker does the pepper go into?

• Pepper should go into shaker with MORE / BIGGER holes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pepper should go into shaker with FEWER/ SMALLER holes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I hate salt and pepper shakers, they always get so gummed up and dirty!! In my house, we use a pepper grinder, and we use coarse kosher salt. The salt is kept in a glass jar so that when I'm cooking I can just reach in and grab a pinch. We do have fine sea salt that I use for baking, that is kept in a jar as well.

I use a pepper grinder but bigger holes for pepper, the solution is to get a combo, salt on one side and pepper grinder on the other, this saves space as well.

Big holes for Pepper is winnig, Darn
barnie.gif

Last edited:
Now all we need to know is which of them, Nifty or his lovely wife, thinks the wrong way (i.e. that pepper should be in the small-holed shaker).

Quote:
Ditto for me LoL If it were just me, I would forget the pepper and just put salt in all the shakers
big_smile.png
Leave the pepper in the container in the spice cabinet for occasional use!

But, I voted for the correct answer: Pepper in the More/Bigger holes. Thats just common sense. Pepper flakes are bigger and don't come out as fast. Salt doesn't need as many holes to come out twice as fast/much.

ETA: I do have a pepper and sea salt grinder available as well.

Oh and more often than not, if you look for shakers labelled S and P...the salt one usually has less/smaller holes. I have 3 different sets like that (just went and double checked to make sure I was right lol)

Last edited:
Quote:
....yes, but the question is, to do what??? ah-HA!
lol.png

Too late Tammy, she's already got two pounds of pepper in the larger-holed shaker and is taking it into the computer room to Joe right now.

Yep, that's what she did, Buff Hooligans, and I threw the baggage out; she'll know better next time... IF I ever take her back.

Back
Top Bottom