Which shaker does the pepper go into?

• Pepper should go into shaker with MORE / BIGGER holes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pepper should go into shaker with FEWER/ SMALLER holes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Quote:
thumbsup.gif

I put the pepper in the more holey shaker because you actually have to shake to get pepper to come out, where as salt will just pour out, even a small hole. Funny because I pulled out my holiday shakers for Christmas and B had to ask which was pepper. So I told him the one with more holes and why, and he said "Ohhhh well yeah that makes sense."

So there ya go.
smile.png

Once you win this battle, if you want another, try getting him to eat with his fork in his left hand... where it's supposed to be!

Edit... Since someone else brought it up... Pepperballs are AWESOME. Few years back I got everyone I know one. I've got the big boy that I keep above the stove for cooking, and I've got the little one (and salt) for the table that I was given as a gift some years back. Very cool because they've got magnets on the back so they can be stored on the fridge! Oh, and that four pepper blend is a crock, there's no such thing as PINK peppercorns they're really baies rose berries... sorry, pet peeve of mine, I hate false advertising.

Last edited:
Salt is bad for your health so it gets bottom rung IMO now, but that's not the way I was raised. I have many memories of being told to clean out the pepper shaker and sitting there with a toothpick to get those small holes open again when guests were coming for dinner, Mom hates pepper so it got the fewer smaller holes and never worked for long.

When I switched to pepper in the larger holes problem solved. Salt will flow from either and if you want more use it, but if you want little you can have that too.

But I have to say those tiny shakers are only for when guests are over and I can't fit the grinders on the table for all the food, like Christmas day. I use the sea salt and mixed peppercorn grinders for every day.

Quote:
I agree - my hubby is a saltaholic and no matter how much salt I put in what I cook it is never enough. I agree with whoever said it is insulting and there are times I feel like dumping the whole salt container in the meal. He no longer taste the natural flavor of foods (and no I'm not a bad cook)

The kids all think he is insane.

I think it is because of how he was raised and how much sodium is in everything already.

Back
Top Bottom