Save the swans

Discussion in 'Ornamental Fowl (Swans, etc.)' started by chickenlover96, Jun 4, 2011.

1. chickenlover96

chickenlover96 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2011
  2. Baymen Moe

Baymen Moe Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2009
    Pembroke, Ma.
    The usa is also killing chickens, ducks, geese, deer , fish, cows, starlings, raccons, lobster, pigeons, pigs, green beans, squash, bass, bluegills, purlple lustrife, unwanted dogs and cat's. The list goes on. I don't want to see this argument on one of my favorite sites because I know it will get ugly. Sorry MODS, I don't mean to bait and troll.....But you know you will close this eventually...

3. SuperPeacockman

SuperPeacockman Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Quote:The mute swans are an invasive species that out competes our native birds, like trumpeter swans. Also they are having a population explosion because no one hunts them. The stuff they eat can not keep up the mute swan population and this is hurting the other animals which eat the same stuff. Next time you go shouting about something do a little research.

4. millebantam

millebantam Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2008
    Little Rhody
    Save the cockroaches! Save the rats!

5. Matapatos

Matapatos Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2009
    I would suggest you do some research before posting up something like this... They have a very good reason! Please close this as it can only go down hill, Mods!

6. chickenlover96

chickenlover96 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2011
    well if u do agree with me then just ingnore it and it is not there fault that there is so many of them its humans fault and why should they pay for our mistakes think about that before you complane

7. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    Quote:The mute swans are an invasive species that out competes our native birds, like trumpeter swans. Also they are having a population explosion because no one hunts them. The stuff they eat can not keep up the mute swan population and this is hurting the other animals which eat the same stuff. Next time you go shouting about something do a little research.

Sorry but I agree. Mute swans are invasive and are destroying homes for natural birds like Trumpeters and shorebirds.
    Mute Swans are also very aggressive, I really dont care for them. But I do like the Black Australian Swans though.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2011
  8. SuperPeacockman

SuperPeacockman Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Quote:Why should native birds and animals pay for the mute swans?

9. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Well, if they pinioned all of the extra ones and sold them to people that wanted them on their ponds etc..... it might be better for both, make money, limit the population...... except the other people that sell swans would be out........ [​IMG] Too bad they couldn't spay a bunch of them or put them on a contraceptive like they do some animals. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by