Say It Aint So ~ updated pics

dreamwallaby

Songster
9 Years
Apr 18, 2010
Camden County NJ
I have 4 EE and 1 amerileg. The EEs are 4wks today, the Amerileg is 10days younger than the EEs but made a weird noise tonight. It was not the normal peeping they do, it was deeper. not a crow but def. some sort of call? The other pullets also pick at this one and it's comb is redder than the others. Will pullets pick at a cockeral or is just because she is a little younger? I have no idea if the comb just redder because its a diff. mix than the rest or if my beautful girl is a handsome boy ?????

Here is a pic from 1 wk ago, chick is 18days old in pic
54618_chickens_4wks_june6th_006.jpg

For comparison, here is one of my EEs at 21 days
54618_chick1_3wks.jpg

Here is a pic of comb today at 25days
54618_chickens_5wks_june12_022.jpg

Here are pics of feathering at 25days
54618_chickens_5wks_june12_019.jpg

54618_chickens_5wks_june12_021.jpg

Last edited:
I'm hesitant to say roo, largely because a couple of my 15 week old pullets have taken that stance occasionally when they were younger.
roll.png
I think it's too close to call. If a red comb is starting, then I'd say roo, but otherwise
idunno.gif
I think it's a little early to tell.

I know I cant be sure until egg laying time, but today the tables turned and this chick that is normally getting picked on was bossing everyone around
fl.gif
hoping she just got tired of being on the bottom of the pecking order and not showing a roo side

Wouldnt 25 weeks mean that that bird should be almost completely mature? (6 months) Or did i mis understand it?

Im thinking that is a roo... sorry
sad.png
But he looks like a handsome boy!
big_smile.png

Oops YES only 25 DAYS. I fixed it, lol. Would it be that red on a pullet leghorn since that's what the mix is? I keep trying to tell myself it's just because it's a diff mix.

Back
Top Bottom