SB Diet - Is she or isn't she an alcoholic/

Quote:
....hmmm....I still don't get it. sorry.
hide.gif

Quote:
....hmmm....I still don't get it. sorry.
hide.gif

I get the "tongue in cheek" thing - I've read alot of his posts. But I was thinking this was a more serious question, too. I'm not and uber-sensitive person and do have a really really weird sense of humor, but I think when things "hit close to home" we might not always see the humor.

My DH was a heavy drinker and drug user from roughly age 15 til about 3 years ago. He just turned 32. When he quit cold turkey, he did suffer DT's , night sweats, horrible night mares, severe sugar cravings and mood swings. It was very hard for him to quit and he struggles daily with not drinking. He would drink several cases of beer a day. Usually starting by 8 am and not stopping til he ran out of money. He would drink at work, he and his boss would go to bars for lunch and after work as well. He also used drugs from pot to crack. He has suffered severe dental damage from the drug use.

He's been fired, arrested and jailed. He hasn't had a liscense in 8 years because of DUIs. We moved over 20 times in 13 years. We have never lived any where more than 18 months before being evicted. The children have had friends who weren't allowed to play at our home even if I was there. We lost our home due to his severe addictions. We got behind on the morgage and could never catch up. That is what happens when you spend more on drugs and drink a week than you spend all month on rent. Right before he quit, he and I were making a combined WEEKLY bring home of $2000+ and we still couldn't pay the bills and keep food in the fridge.

I do hope your diet is successful and I'm sure you miss the "comfort" of a nightly drink. But one drink a night seems more like a habit than a life altering addiction. Been there, done that.

Last edited:
Weighed 206 1/2 pounds Monday morning, Sept. 14, 2009.
This morning, Friday, Sept. 18th I weighed 198 1/2.
Eight pounds of my paunch is gone after four days, and I never feel hungry while on the South Beach diet. It'll take another loss of 10 1/2 pounds to be totally rid of the paunch, but I WILL get there. South Beach diet is great (and easy).

BTW, Anne's keeping track of the daily menus. If she types them all into a Word document, I'll post them here. She was down to 129 pounds yesterday, and still has four pounds to go.

Quote:
You mean I can't hatch a cockatrice???
th.gif

I'll sell you some rooster eggs. Don't tell anyone else. Mythical beasts is srysbzns.

if you take away the dung heap, isn't that how you hatch out a basilisk.

Hey, ladies, nya, nya, nya, nya, nyaaaaaaaa, nya!

I've gone from 206 1/2 down to 197 1/2 between last Monday and today, Sunday.
Anne's only gone from 133 down to 128 this morning.

Just goes to show that men arent't supposed to have fat on them, and we can lose it easily if we want. Women, however, are supposed to have layers of fat, and that's why you have a LOT of trouble losing.

Ah, it's great being a man! Eatcher hearts out!

Back
Top Bottom