SB Diet - Is she or isn't she an alcoholic/

Bread is my downfall, too. I love bread and this makes it easy to stay away from the things that aren't good for weight loss and carb processing.

Quote:
Joe, you don't look fat. Can we see a pic of Anne?
tongue.png

Last edited:
I work out now, I cut back on meat... increased my veggie and raw fruits... I garden organic... I even quit smoking.... I cycle 4-6 miles a week on top of yoga and weight training....

I went from 157lbs to 164lbs! (Man, are my arms cut though)

However, I am having a vodka and pepsi right now...

I will NOT give up alcohol! My dad is in AA, and I am NOT an alcoholic. Did I drink yesterday? Nope, didn't feel like it. AM I drinking tonight... OH YEAH!

Its just one of those things...

A person can not give up every vice, its just not fair!!!!!!

....so this has really nothing to do with alcoholic's? I've been dealing with my brother for a week and thought I might find some insight.

Maybe OP could change the title to something about low carb diets instead?
roll.png

Quote:
After 27 years, it took my dad getting into a accident rolling his truck to admit he had a problem. 2 years of AA and fixing 2 shattered shoulder blades, he's finally a decent guy who admits his mistakes.

Go ahead and start an actual thread if you need help... I know the real position you are in and I really feel for you.

Maybe I will. I'm probably overly sensitive because of our own recent family issues. It just struck me as making light of alcoholics.

I once went to visit a coworker who was in the hospital with DT's. Pretty awful stuff.

Beans & rice also make a complete protien, but rice is a carb too... hmm. I'm not allowed large amount of protien or liquor so no real help here, but good luck!

hope ya'll are doing OK with diet and as far as "dieting" is concerned I was NEVER overweight and have always eaten pretty much correctly but became type 1 diabetic at 29 and my point IS that it took quite a few months (I can NOT go cold turkey with junk) to eliminate crap(white flour,sugar,fat meats, fat anything) from my diet but it becomes easier and it is the way we are MEANT to eat. I don't hold too much with all the supplimentation and fancy grains and money people spend on natural foods. I eat fresh fruits,veggies, fish, soy products(soon chicken!!!) and have moments of craving chef-boy-r- D(which i DO give in to 1 or 2 x a month) but it is amazing how you can eventually not crave the "bad" foods. and I do feel that the occassional craving is OK as long as you don't start to crave it too often. an alcoholic drink a day eventually should be OK as long as you don't keep upping the amnt. there. GOOD LUCK!

Quote:
Do you two think that I was kidding? Exactly when should we know whether or not we're alcoholics? After all, we've been having a martini every day for a year. I'm really curious to see how hard it's going to be for us to go without because alcoholism run in both of our families. Last night I filled a martini glass with diet Dr. Pepper, and I know when it gets close to 3 P.M. today, I'm going to be thinking "martini time."

Back
Top Bottom