Scalped chick

Ab1010

Songster
Jul 27, 2020
Hey guys! Its been awhile things have been crazy on my end.
I just wanted some advice on a chick I have that I think the others decided to peck off all his head skin. He was just getting in feathers so I assume it was that. He's been eating and drinking and there is no puss or weird smell that I notice but it is his whole head. I have been putting antibiotic ointment on it and cleaning it out everyday with vetricin. The skin around it has started turning very white and he's obviously in alot of pain. I think he can pull through since its been about 5 days and he's still very active! Is there anything more I should do for him? The ointment im using is a prescription ointment for staff infection from my doctor. It seems to be working. Anyways any advice anyone has would be great! I didnt take any pictures but if you want to see i can. Its crazy looking for sure.

Hey guys! Its been awhile things have been crazy on my end.
I just wanted some advice on a chick I have that I think the others decided to peck off all his head skin. He was just getting in feathers so I assume it was that. He's been eating and drinking and there is no puss or weird smell that I notice but it is his whole head. I have been putting antibiotic ointment on it and cleaning it out everyday with vetricin. The skin around it has started turning very white and he's obviously in alot of pain. I think he can pull through since its been about 5 days and he's still very active! Is there anything more I should do for him? The ointment im using is a prescription ointment for staff infection from my doctor. It seems to be working. Anyways any advice anyone has would be great! I didnt take any pictures but if you want to see i can. Its crazy looking for sure.
Seperate him from the other chicks for a while and if his head is red at all, when you put him with the other chicks, put blue kote on it. sorry I have no idea how to spell it. 😅

Seperate him from the other chicks for a while and if his head is red at all, when you put him with the other chicks, put blue kote on it. sorry I have no idea how to spell it. 😅
He was separated from the chicks his age and I had him all alone but he kept escaping and I would find him with the newly hatched chicks! Its too cute so I left him there

Back
Top Bottom