Scarlett had a little lamb, little lamb, little lamb

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by ruth, Oct 21, 2009.

1. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    but its fleece wasn't white as snow.

But everywhere that Scarlett went, Scarlett went, Scarlett went, everywhere that Scarlett went, that lamb was sure to go.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A local farmer dropped off a baby Barbados lamb (ram) yesterday that he had been bottle feeding and didn't want to have to continue doing so. Asked if I wanted it. I said sure, I had four goat babies (quads) born the day before and I would have to be assisting with their feedings so why not one more?

Scarlett has taken an intense interest in the baby lamb and follows it everywhere and vice versa. She won't let any of the other pets, or chickens or anything else get near it. The pics above were taken only an hour after they had been introduced and I put the lamb on a tie line in my backyard so I could keep an eye on them.

Personally I think Scarlett is so thrilled to finally get a lamb to shepherd instead of hundreds of chickens.

2. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Awwwwwwww!!! That is adorable! [​IMG]

3. KittyKelly

KittyKelly Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2009
    Central KY
    That is just the sweetest thing. What a good dog. [​IMG]

4. suburbanminifarm

suburbanminifarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2009
    N.San Diego County
    I love it! What cute pics! And your cat is helping too I see. I hope they remain fast friends.

5. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    [​IMG] that is so sweet

6. CaGoatLady

CaGoatLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2009
    Auburn, CA
    It must be a Barbados thing:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    Quote:That's so cute and hysterical at the same time! [​IMG]

8. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    Quote:That's too sweet. Yes "Lamby" (and we have to come up with another name for him because he's not going to look like a Lamby once he gets his Dodge Ram horns) and Scarlett have become fast friends. They stick together. Now they are sticking together outside my back door and if the door opens or they hear me coming they jump up and try to run inside. We've learned no tie line is needed for Lamby - he and Scarlett stay together.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

That is TOO cute. There is nothing sweeter than newborn lambs except for newborn humans LOL!!!!! We got 3 bottle babies this year and it was quit a sight to see me trying to hold three bottles at once wothout getting trampled.

10. Skyesrocket

Skyesrocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    I love the all of the pics. Thanks for posting them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by