Scarlett had a little lamb, little lamb, little lamb

ruth

Life is a Journey
12 Years
Jul 8, 2007
Woodville, MS
but its fleece wasn't white as snow.

But everywhere that Scarlett went, Scarlett went, Scarlett went, everywhere that Scarlett went, that lamb was sure to go.

ScarlettLamby.jpg

ScarlettLambySimba.jpg

A local farmer dropped off a baby Barbados lamb (ram) yesterday that he had been bottle feeding and didn't want to have to continue doing so. Asked if I wanted it. I said sure, I had four goat babies (quads) born the day before and I would have to be assisting with their feedings so why not one more?

Scarlett has taken an intense interest in the baby lamb and follows it everywhere and vice versa. She won't let any of the other pets, or chickens or anything else get near it. The pics above were taken only an hour after they had been introduced and I put the lamb on a tie line in my backyard so I could keep an eye on them.

Personally I think Scarlett is so thrilled to finally get a lamb to shepherd instead of hundreds of chickens.

Quote:
That's too sweet. Yes "Lamby" (and we have to come up with another name for him because he's not going to look like a Lamby once he gets his Dodge Ram horns) and Scarlett have become fast friends. They stick together. Now they are sticking together outside my back door and if the door opens or they hear me coming they jump up and try to run inside. We've learned no tie line is needed for Lamby - he and Scarlett stay together.

bestpals1.jpg

bestpals2.jpg

bestpals3.jpg

That is TOO cute. There is nothing sweeter than newborn lambs except for newborn humans LOL!!!!! We got 3 bottle babies this year and it was quit a sight to see me trying to hold three bottles at once wothout getting trampled.

Back
Top Bottom