Seed Starting

I have to get serious about where I'm putting everything. I could plant potatoes now, but I have to decide where to put them. Where they were going to be is now for the sweet potatoes.

It's another sunny day! YAY! Then late March reality sets back in for the weekend.
I think we’re gonna have a nice day here today too, might get out and try to get something done!

I have to get serious about where I'm putting everything. I could plant potatoes now, but I have to decide where to put them. Where they were going to be is now for the sweet potatoes.
I like to lay things out. I keep a spreadsheet to decide what goes where and now use it to track when I seed things as well. My 2020 layout (I move things every year).

garden2020.jpg

Most of my peppers now have true leaves so I think it’s time to thin.

I have a couple cells that didn’t germinate and I was gonna try taking the ones I thinned and transplanting them to the empty cells. What’s the best way to do this without hurting them? Anyone got tips?

Most of my peppers now have true leaves so I think it’s time to thin.

I have a couple cells that didn’t germinate and I was gonna try taking the ones I thinned and transplanting them to the empty cells. What’s the best way to do this without hurting them? Anyone got tips?
I always do this and laugh at myself for not just thinking them. I’m glad I’m not the only one😂 I hope you have good luck with yours. I wouldn’t have had any advice really except sometimes I use a small stick and poke a hole in the empty cell then use it to kind of lift the seedling and then poke try and get that root down in the hole.

I always do this and laugh at myself for not just thinking them. I’m glad I’m not the only one😂 I hope you have good luck with yours. I wouldn’t have had any advice really except sometimes I use a small stick and poke a hole in the empty cell then use it to kind of lift the seedling and then poke try and get that root down in the hole.
It was probably more stress than it was worth
New Amsterdam Surgery GIF by NBC

I literally felt like a surgeon. One wrong move and she’s a goner 🤣

I've just started my seeds Monday this week. I have tomatoes, peppers, gourds, melons, pumpkins, butternut squash, zucchini, beets, swiss chard, cabbage, brussel sprouts, cauliflower, and I might have planted rutabagas. I may have forgotten the labels on my 50 seed flat so now I'm going to have to play guess the brassica as they come up. As of right now, I have a bunch of brassicas coming up and the beets are starting to make an appearance.

Back
Top Bottom