Sell Me On A Duck Breed

Pics
They can gorge themselves and become couch potatoes if given free access to food. So I have to make sure that they eat in moderation and do their duck things like swimming and running.
This is something I did not know. My chickens have access to their Flock Raiser crumbles whenever they want it, no withholding at all. Do I need to feed ducks at specified times to prevent them from overeating? I didn’t know they were closet gluttons!

Ducks are bred to be what they are!
Never intended to be pets in a persons backyard. That being said each breeder has made them to serve a purpose and pet wasn't one of them. Ornamental Ducks Are easier..
it's a crap shoot on what you get. Just like duel purpose Chicks , they will either be great meat or laying hens? Depends on what line you get?
This is true and I do understand the whole “separation ideal” of people and animals. Ducks and chickens were definitely created for meat and eggs; however, in the grand scheme of choosing an animal to not only eat, but spend time with, which “hatchery” breed would be most desirable to be around?

I guess
This is true and I do understand the whole “separation ideal” of people and animals. Ducks and chickens were definitely created for meat and eggs; however, in the grand scheme of choosing an animal to not only eat, but spend time with, which “hatchery” breed would be most desirable to be around?
Thats something a buyer asked before ordering..

Back
Top Bottom