Sell me on a goose breed

American buffs! Gorgeous, gentle, sweet, lower end of the noise spectrum, and did I say sweet? I even pet my hen when she's on her nest, and she is just such a nice girl.
20200227_134755.jpg

Ducks are more talkative but geese are louder. I haven’t had Romans yet so I can’t help you with noise levels.
I’d say geese honking at neighbors is equivalent to having a dog outside and barking at the neighbors. Would others agree?

Yeah I would agree the noise level is about the same as a dog barking...most of the time though it's quieter mumbling back and forth to each other, but when they want to it gets much louder.

I will also say re: noise .... I have Africans (by far not the quietest breed, but probably not quite as talkative as Chinese) and live in an area with 13 near-ish dogs surrounding me. My geese are the quietest of them all. While the neighbor dogs will bark at anything, including nothing: the geese only make a ruckus when they hear/see a threat or something particularly exciting is happening. They don't make noise for the sake of making noise.

Back
Top Bottom