Selling eggs.

I would check a local farmer's market for pricing. I hear they can easily go for $7 a dozen in my area (SF Bay area) for free-range eggs from organically fed chickens. I sell extras to friends who happily pay $5/dozen but my availability is spotty so they have to be flexible. Looking into it a major expense is cartons . . . my friends bring their own, I would have to charge more to provide cartons.

I would check a local farmer's market for pricing. I hear they can easily go for $7 a dozen in my area (SF Bay area) for free-range eggs from organically fed chickens. I sell extras to friends who happily pay $5/dozen but my availability is spotty so they have to be flexible. Looking into it a major expense is cartons . . . my friends bring their own, I would have to charge more to provide cartons.
Thank you

10 dollars a dozen sounds normal for my area when it comes to duck eggs now.
Please make sure to look into your city's regulations before selling any eggs. Some areas are much more strict with their rules when it comes to selling them.
Okay, thank you. Yes people sell eggs all over in our small town. We are zoned 100% agriculture.

Back
Top Bottom