Semi-wild muscovy duck questions

And also should I bring her back home until thursday? Or should I just keep her at the park and continue checking like 15x a day like I have been doing

I’d bring her an a buddy home till you can get her in on Thursday. You’ve put so much time an love into getting them where they are today. That way you’ll know she’s safe till you can get the vet to check her out. Maybe buy some Liquid b complex to and start giving her 1 ml daily and see if this helps at all. This has always been the best for treating niacin deficiency. TSC has Durvet and it will say injectable but we give it orally.

Ok should the buddy I bring be one of the boys or the girls? I feel like I should maybe leave both the boys so they can protect the remaining girl but I'm not sure. Also where can I buy that stuff?

Yeah I was surprised I was able to go to the park pick up a duck, walk the duck back to my car, walk back around to the other side of the pond to pick up another duck, walk that one to my car, and drive away all without anyone even asking anything or looking at me too weird. I brought the injured foot one and my most social of the girls home and they came out a little bit to look around but mostly theyve just been sitting in the dog crate I used to transport them

Doctor could not find anything specifically wrong, there was a certain part of her foot that he said was in pain so he gave me some pain meds to give her for a week and hopefully she will be all good after

Are you giving her the b complex too? Did he give her Meloxicam that is also an anti inflammatory. Have you noticed any difference since you've had her home? walking any better? I sure hope it all helps. Relieved the vet didn't find anything serious.

I gave her the medicine for a week and then brought her back, they were very happy to all be together again and I'm going every day to feed and visit them

Back
Top Bottom