***SEPTEMBER HATCH-A-LONG come join in***

Quote:
What kind of chickies?
big_smile.png

They're mutts.........my mother in law has probably a 100 chickens most of which are all together in a large run. While she was on vacation I raided the hen house(with her permission). I had about 50 chicken eggs and 4 ducks eggs. I've thrown out quite a few chicken eggs that didnt make it. In her pen she has RIR, Production Reds from Cacklehatchery, barred rock, buff orpington and others.

Jim

Hi i have 7 bantam buff orpingtons and 17 silkie eggs in the incubator due to hatch on sunday the 5th of september so there on lockdown now.

I have 20 Bresse-Gauloise in the incubator. 10 of them white Bresse-Gauloise from our own chickens and 10 black Bresse-Gauloise which we bought. They are due to hatch September 4th and I really hope the bought eggs hatch.

today is day 7 on the first batch of ee eggs and day 4 on the marans eggs still waiting on the usps to deliver my serama eggs. hoping they arrive today
smile.png
i spent yesterday building a hatching incubator since the timing got all messed up and i will need one to hatch in ( darn postal service ) i bought all the eggs within 12 hours of each other but between the usps and the hens slowing in productions i now have a staggered hatch going. thinking i will do my first candleing this weekend.
fl.gif
i'll have some developing.

Tomorrow is lockdown for my quail!
wee.gif
jumpy.gif

I have a question: We might be going out of town for a few days next week, on the 8th, and the 11th. I have those 2 chicken eggs in the incubator with the quail since tomorrow is lockdown and I already have 2 broodies should I stick the eggs under one of them? Then after the quail hatch put them back in the bator?

i just set my serama eggs
big_smile.png
what do you all use in the cartons to keep them from rockin and rolling during turning? i have a homemade incubator and turner. thanks

Back
Top Bottom