SEPTEMBER HATCH-A-LONG!!!

Pics
On the topic of short cooling per day, I can say that I have candled the eggs every 4th -5th day and that has not affected their development.
Now, did Lockdown yesterday and today one has piped at the wrong end. Besides from being too early and I will just have to wait, I am not sure what else I could do???
I have 2 Brahmas, 9 Black Orpingtons and 7 RIR. The cracked egg is Black Orpington and I definitely do not want to lose it...

Attachments

• IMG_20190905_132950.jpg
    IMG_20190905_132950.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Late arrival here. It's been crazy here. I have 7 days left on my broody hatch. I only gave her 5 eggs, two were duds at candling two days ago. Looking forward to next week. This is my first broody chicken hatch. Ill be watching like a hawk, my duck hatch in July didn't go so well. I lost 4/6 ducklings she had.
Aww, i am so sorry to hear that! But I love hatching with a broody, and i think you will too, just wait till you can watch them little fluff butts run around the y ard behind their momma :love. What breeds are ya hatchin?

Not hatching any more right now (Wife has forbidden it) so I can only watch everyone else hatch :oops::bow
at least ya can get your hatch fix via the rest off us, this is my last of the year before son disowns me and cuts up my card for replacing the big incubator turner that mysteriously disappeared lol so will just have to watch too

I have 1 Serama egg that will likely hatch today or tomorrow, assuming it’s still alive. I did not see movement at the beginning of the week, and someone else put it into lockdown for me yesterday. I don’t know if it is this incubator, or this line of Serama, but I’m starting to get really frustrated. I had such an easy time hatching Serama from 2 other breeders, but it was a different incubator too.:he

I have 5 or 6 Silkies in lockdown as well that *should* hatch by Saturday.

As controversial as it is.... the best hatch I’ve had so far with this incubator was the one that I hatched upright in cartons!!! :barnie

Not hatching any more right now (Wife has forbidden it) so I can only watch everyone else hatch :oops::bow
The bf made me promise to have all the birds out of the garage brooders by 12/1. So, I have 6+ more Silkie eggs on the way. I’ll sell most, so that I am not totally ignoring our agreement, but one or two might not sell... who knows why no one wants them!?:confused: :lau

Back
Top Bottom