SEPTEMBER HATCH-A-LONG!!!

Pics
Aww, i am so sorry to hear that! But I love hatching with a broody, and i think you will too, just wait till you can watch them little fluff butts run around the y ard behind their momma :love. What breeds are ya hatchin?
It was definitely much easier. My duck adopted two that I had hatched in the incubator so I didn't have to brood ducks!! Big win!
The eggs under my silky are a barnyard mix. I have a multi gen Olive egger roo and the eggs that she has are from a silky hen, my OE hen and a maran cross I believe. The Easter egger eggs didn't develop sadly.
I have kept her in the main pen so that I don't need to reintroduce later.

It was definitely much easier. My duck adopted two that I had hatched in the incubator so I didn't have to brood ducks!! Big win!
The eggs under my silky are a barnyard mix. I have a multi gen Olive egger roo and the eggs that she has are from a silky hen, my OE hen and a maran cross I believe. The Easter egger eggs didn't develop sadly.
I have kept her in the main pen so that I don't need to reintroduce later.

Lucky you, I want a broody right now sooo bad! :bow:he

Wow, that’s gorgeous!!! I love tin! I want to put it over the guineas coop but for the sake of expediency, I’m putting a tarp up for now. Does a tin sided coop like that get very hot? I’ve used white metal roofing so far because I was told that heat transmits through silver tin?
Well the top space will stay open only covered by hardware cloth so the heat has a place to escape. My other 2 coops that are designed similar are usually pretty warm... I will have to check the thermometer when I get home so I can tell you the difference between the coops and outside.
This coop is going to be built a little different than the others, they have clear fronts this one will be solid. I will report back what that does for the temp
20170329_175728.jpg

Hello everyone! I am new to the forum. :frow
I am not exactly sure what a Hatch-A-Long is but today is Hatch Day for me. :love
Would you like to see a picture?

View attachment 1899263
Hatch a long is a place to chat share pics stories and encouragement... and keep our hands busy while we wait for the hatching to happen. Welcome

So come pick your bird!View attachment 1899289 most of these in this pic are marans cross... but the next 2 pens over also have 2 to 3 broodies...
AH, I wish!!! I always have eggs that I am incubating, so I can use all of them! I need them so bad :he I like them way more than incubators!

Back
Top Bottom