SEPTEMBER HATCH-A-LONG!!!

Pics
FWIW I don’t find lockdown humidity is ever really too high. I’ve had it spike to near 80% during hatching with no ill consequence. Regardless, consistent humidity and temps during lockdown are important. (Some spike in humidity are obviously expected during hatching.)

50% humidity during incubation seems high. I typically do dry incubation (humidity in the 20’s-30’s), and 99.5 degrees. All usually works well. (Thus my frustration with the new incubator.) You want to keep temps and humidity consistent during incubation. I’d think it would be better to err on the side of low with humidity during incubation, and a bit high during lockdown. Just my opinion, your mileage may vary.

Placed the chicks in with my broody last night. I had to pull one out to snap a quick pick. It immediately dived back under her. So cute.
IMG_20190907_093412506.jpg

FWIW I don’t find lockdown humidity is ever really too high. I’ve had it spike to near 80% during hatching with no ill consequence. Regardless, consistent humidity and temps during lockdown are important. (Some spike in humidity are obviously expected during hatching.)

50% humidity during incubation seems high. I typically do dry incubation (humidity in the 20’s-30’s), and 99.5 degrees. All usually works well. (Thus my frustration with the new incubator.) You want to keep temps and humidity consistent during incubation. I’d think it would be better to err on the side of low with humidity during incubation, and a bit high during lockdown. Just my opinion, your mileage may vary.

I wish I could get my humidity down that low! Maybe when we get the house built and are heating with wood... I’m lucky to keep my dry incubation humidity at 48-50%! Day one and we had several fluctuations from 56% when we set yesterday up to 69%! I’m hoping for rain for our pasture, but praying it misses us for my hatch. I might consider a dehumidifier when we get the chicken room built as well at this rate!

Back
Top Bottom