SEPTEMBER HATCH-A-LONG!!!

Pics
So today is day 22. I decided to candle the eggs. Well needles to say the incubator is now getting ready to be cleaned. So 5 chicks out of 24 eggs. the last chick I was worried about did not make it and when I opened it up, their was a deformity as in the intestines never were enclosed by skin.
20190922_102630.jpg

So today is day 22. I decided to candle the eggs. Well needles to say the incubator is now getting ready to be cleaned. So 5 chicks out of 24 eggs. the last chick I was worried about did not make it and when I opened it up, their was a deformity as in the intestines never were enclosed by skin.View attachment 1914854

Awww, so sorry about that last chick, but am excited about the others! What breeds did ya hatch?

Goodness if I ever make it through this hatch...
Did a proper candle last time she kicked most the nest and there was definite movement in at least 2 out of the 3 she booted.
Humidity's been high lately so did a sneaky candle yesterday evening on the nest and they look very close to popping, but no internal pips just yet (and didn't hear any this morning). Saw at least one was wriggling around with a beak near the membrane though.
She's still turning them, so these babies must be super disoriented at this point :/ but has stopped kicking them out after I gave her a bit of company yesterday.
Seems like she needed a bit of emotional support and stimulation. She seems much happier after getting some attention and is still sitting pretty. Fingers crossed I get some internal pips by the time I get home today. If not, I dunno what I'll do :/ We're going on day 22 now.

Goodness if I ever make it through this hatch...
Did a proper candle last time she kicked most the nest and there was definite movement in at least 2 out of the 3 she booted.
Humidity's been high lately so did a sneaky candle yesterday evening on the nest and they look very close to popping, but no internal pips just yet (and didn't hear any this morning). Saw at least one was wriggling around with a beak near the membrane though.
She's still turning them, so these babies must be super disoriented at this point :/ but has stopped kicking them out after I gave her a bit of company yesterday.
Seems like she needed a bit of emotional support and stimulation. She seems much happier after getting some attention and is still sitting pretty. Fingers crossed I get some internal pips by the time I get home today. If not, I dunno what I'll do :/ We're going on day 22 now.
Are you counting from when she didn't get of the nest hardly? and you don't count that first day so say she started sitting on September 1, today would be day 21 and you start after full 24 hours, but remember the 21 days is a baseline can hatch at day 19 or can hatch as late as day 25, some hens do like a little companionship support and better the flock master than a chicken at this point, as they get so bored sitting there while others are like thank heavens I am away from everybody

Back
Top Bottom