SEPTEMBER HATCH-A-LONG!!!

thats great! soo you are at over a 50% hatch so far with more to go!
Omg ok so woke in night...more hatches. Wake 2 hours later...more still! At 8 hours into day 22 here with eggs originally set on 3 consecutive days, I have 15 chicks running around like crazy birds and 4 left to go...and the duck egg. 2 of the last 4 are pipped externally so far. 15!

BUT...

I had a small but deeper glass dish added for humidity. Between the time I first woke in the night and now, (2 hours) one chick ended up IN it. Not sure how long. I popped in speedy like and rescued him...losing only 1F degree and 5% humidity. And it came back to good in under a minute. With humidity back to 74%. Hope should be ok

Omg ok so woke in night...more hatches. Wake 2 hours later...more still! At 8 hours into day 22 here with eggs originally set on 3 consecutive days, I have 15 chicks running around like crazy birds and 4 left to go...and the duck egg. 2 of the last 4 are pipped externally so far. 15!
O my goodness, thats amazing!
BUT...

I had a small but deeper glass dish added for humidity. Between the time I first woke in the night and now, (2 hours) one chick ended up IN it. Not sure how long. I popped in speedy like and rescued him...losing only 1F degree and 5% humidity. And it came back to good in under a minute. With humidity back to 74%. Hope should be ok

Yea, just make sure you keep a very very close eye on those pippers to make sure they arent shrink wrapping and you should be ok.

Ok good! One is zipping as we speak. So that's good lol. So one pip and 2 not pipped to go! And a dang circus in there! Sheesh how do they not get sliced up on all these shells?:confused:
I know, it used to annoy me how routy and rough they were with the other guys tryin to make their way out, but thats how nature works... So, i just let em do their thing.

Up to 10 hatches now, 4 have been after day 21. Going to keep the last 6 eggs in to see if anyone else wants to come
20191005_095200.jpg
lol

Well. Here we are. My hatch for now. 2 left but the "pips" were scratches and chick fuzz:rolleyes:. Humidity started to drop (63%) with all these dry fluffballs in such a small space so I made the decision to get these out quick while we simultaneously added the dish back with hot water and fill reservoirs. I didn't waste time checking eggs other than for ext pips. It's likely the 2 remaining are from the 2nd or third day add ins and ducky has a while yet. Humidity went back up nicely and these chicks are far more relaxed now and just scampering around. Not pecking the heck outta each other. Still pretty excited about this hatch rate! Since lockdown, no losses! The lil one with the bi-colored beak is my FAVE! I call it Beaker:lol:

Attachments

• 0B8D6208-2045-4AC7-8C24-380CE81AF3F5.jpeg
    0B8D6208-2045-4AC7-8C24-380CE81AF3F5.jpeg
    371.6 KB · Views: 6
  • D48CB812-9448-4208-A1F6-A1DB85A4804D.jpeg
    D48CB812-9448-4208-A1F6-A1DB85A4804D.jpeg
    363.5 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom