September Hatch-A-Long!

I found my first stinker today. It was oozing too. Was fine 4 hours ago. It came from the second to worst batch I've had. Sad thing is that these were local. Half were infertile. 2 had the ring of death in the first week and now the oozy stinker. There are only 3 left. Now I'm worrried about leaving them in the incubator with the others. I don't want my other eggs to be ruined. The other eggs look and smell healthy. But so did this other one a few hours ago. I guess I will just keep checking frequently.

I found my first stinker today.  It was oozing too.  Was fine 4 hours ago.  It came from the second to worst batch I've had.  Sad thing is that these were local.  Half were infertile.  2 had the ring of death in the first week and now the oozy stinker.  There are only 3 left.  Now I'm worrried about leaving them in the incubator with the others.  I don't want my other eggs to be ruined.  The other eggs look and smell healthy.  But so did this other one a few hours ago.  I guess I will just keep checking frequently.

Ooh...not fun huh? Shipping eggs are unpredictable.

Thanks! I wanna skip a day or two of school so I can be there for when they hatch but my parents said no.
sad.png
But I'll just set on Friday. I'm going to a swap Saturday and may get a few hatching eggs. So they'll hatch a day after.
Set up your web cam on the hatching eggs and watch it from your cell. I bet you can google how to do it.
Holy eggs! How many do you get each batch??? That is way more than what I have ever DREAMED of
wink.png
They aren't all started at the same time. I like to have something hatching about every 3 days. I need my CHICKS! Soon once every three days won't be enough...
barnie.gif

I couldn't stand it, I had to try candling my eggs again. I actually did see one moving!!!!! It was soooo awesome! Looks like another one but the dust though. Down to 6! :(

These were local eggs.  Won't be buying from that guy again.  It's hard to buy local eggs and most are crappy.

Ooh... Bad luck :( You have to admit though, Shipped Eggs are unpredictable; like the ones that explode or just the whole batch isn't fertile... Unpredictable.

I couldn't stand it, I had to try candling my eggs again. I actually did see one moving!!!!! It was soooo awesome! Looks like another one but the dust though. Down to 6! :(

That is ok, I always look at the eggs during Lockdown- it is fun to watch them move, but when they "Bite the dust" , it is hard. Especially when you have no clue how it happened. :(

9 sizzles/silkies on lockdown! Expect to see 1st pip tomorrow. Humidity went right up to 68%.

Congrats!!!!

Set up your web cam on the hatching eggs and watch it from your cell.  I bet you can google how to do it.

I don't have a webcam :( I do have an iPod touch, but not a cell phone. I was thinking of video taping a hatch thought and then speeding it up and keeping it forever. I think that would be super cool.

Soo.....3 of the 4 eggs I got from my MIL have started weeping and I've had to throw out. Everytime the yolk was scrambled. :/ They only traveled 20 mins by car so I'm not sure what happened. She has a habit of soaking her eggs overnight in water to help clean them when they're dirty so I think that's what happened. 1 is developing good though. It's day 14. Doesn't look like either of my EE eggs are developing though its hard to see through the shell. 2 of my 3 Banty eggs are doing great. :) I actually saw the feet kicking on one last night when I was candling.
fl.gif
Here's hoping.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom