1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

serious injury to neck

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by CindaLouWho, Oct 26, 2014.

1. CindaLouWho

CindaLouWho Chirping

Feb 19, 2014
    Hesperia, CA
    [​IMG]One of my black copper maran was attacked & injured by my other birds. Right now I have her in a cat crate. She seems to be doing ok...I don't know what else to do for her. I cleaned it with warm water and an antiseptic spray without any "caine" ...specifically for animals. How long do I need to keep her separate? [​IMG]

2. Gingersnap722

Gingersnap722 Songster

Jun 13, 2013
    FL
    I would keep her separate until she's completely healed up so they don't attack her again. Do you have any Vetericyn?

3. CindaLouWho

CindaLouWho Chirping

Feb 19, 2014
    Hesperia, CA
    No, and I can't find anywhere local that carries it. I may have to order it online. I got her a larger wire cage. Will she continue to have issues when I reintroduce her to the flock once she is healed? I would hate for her to go through that again. Poor girl.

4. Gingersnap722

Gingersnap722 Songster

Jun 13, 2013
    FL
    I had this happen with one of my Golden Polish and once he was healed, I put him back with the flock and he was fine. I kept an eye on him for awhile once I put him back in to be sure they wouldn't pick on him. I would recommend that.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: