served in army for three yrs but doesn't qualify....

It varies by state. We get a property tax credit on our place in Texas. I'm not sure if that's for all veterans or if if it's because my wife qualifies for VA disability, I can't remember. I checked into it for our new home in Wisconsin. It is a joke. You qualify if are a veteran over 65 and are considered 100% disabled by the VA. I joked to my wife that they probably only have a couple hundred veterans who qualify. My curiosity got the best of me so I looked it up in the state budget records. They figure they have 1200 veterans who qualify, but only about 300 actually file for the tax credit each year.
roll.png

it is a town call schroppell but everyone calls it screwpeople. i have a decent older home on a couple acres with a big barn and a three bay shop... and across the street i own some water front on a river.... but i have to take my life into my own hands to cross the street seeing the average speed is 60.... it is a 45 mph. i went to the town to have it lowered, the town ok'd it but the state declined it. we don't have a police force, only county and state and state said they only have one person on for the whole area at a time(good to know incase i would like to do something bad, lol)
the only thing they do for $7000 is plow. i have a well and septic. no trash pick up and i don't have any kids, for school taxes...
last year on my street there were ten houses for sale.... it is three miles long. not a good sign....

i can no longer be a part of the conversation now that the mention of the new administration, I will not share my opinion, because we are supposed to be talkin about chickens

Sounds like the place we bought in Wisconsin. The only service provided by the township is plowing the road, yet the taxes are just as high as if we lived in town. I just paid $4500 in taxes for a small, three bedroom ranch house and two barns on the two acres they set on. We have more land than that there, but the rest is assessed as agricultural so the taxes on that are very little.

Back
Top Bottom