Set Eggs 07-02-11 Anyone else

So far, two live chicks in the incubator, and a couple of others working on it. I found a dead chick under my broody hen, so I took the last two eggs, and put them in the incubator.

Alright!!!!!Out of 13 they all hatched!!!
big_smile.png
They started yesterday and the last one popped out an hour ago,kinda worried one pipped in the side and went through a blood vessel,DH and I had to peel most of the shell and outer membrene off so the little peep could get out.She came out at 11:00 PM last night.Not bad for a 4 year old LG bator,I do have great hatches with it.
wee.gif

My 21st day is tomorrow. As of lockdown I have 11 out of original 14. 2 I am not sure about, but rest had definite movement. Mine usually start early day 21 so we will see.... Congrats to everyone that has hatched and the ones that are in pipping, zipping stage. It is always so much fun!

Was a good hatch day for me...I started with 30 eggs, tossed 7 at 14 days (no progress). 22 have hatched and one didnt make it.

Here R 14 of the new babies... Silkies, Silkie crosses and a NN

61316_nb_all.jpg

Just wanted to add a BIG "THANK YOU" to Lisa (NewToFarming) for meeting with me and letting me buy some eggs. Me and Hubby R very please and happy.
hugs.gif

Last edited:
I set my eggs on July second as well, and out of the 10 I set two hatched. I wish it was more but after my 3rd try at the incubator. I am glad I finally got two to hatch!! One started last night and then when I woke this morning the other had started pipping. Is there any way I can get my hatch rate up. This batch I candled at day 5 to make sure they were fertile and day 14 to check progress, and once again before I put them on lockdown. On day 14 a couple of eggs I thought might have been dead but was unsure of so I left them. My humidity was at 55 till lockdown and temp was mainly at 99 or around there the whole time. Should I be taking eggs I'm unsure of out could they be containating the other eggs? Please if anyone has an advice to help me get my hatch rate up or advice on what I'm doing wrong? All my eggs in every batch are all fertile I have a very busy Rooster
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom