Set Eggs August 25, anyone else?

oh think i saw something today
smile.png
then again i could be going insane with wanting

Quote:
Yeah, I candled the first time with a regular flashlight - it worked on the white egg. Then I found my DH's LED flashlight and took the brown eggs into a room with no windows and closed the door - it worked! I saw a few veins and definitely some embryos!

big_smile.png
Melissa

What about Maran eggs? I can never see anything in those! I'm even having a hard time seeing in the Olive Egger eggs too.

I don't know about Marans eggs - my eggs are definitely not that dark. Someone on another incubating thread said that an old slide projector works on really dark eggs, and someone else said that they use a Coleman Max LED, 115 lumens light on Marans eggs. Mine is an Eveready LED flashlight - looks like it has 3 LED lights, I don't see anything on it about lumens.

Good luck on the Oliver egger eggs!

Melissa

I couldnt help it! I candled again tonight and I saw veins in one egg!
celebrate.gif
Now I hope it lives to hatch! I think I have two unfertilized and 1 positive and 1 mystery egg.

I actually use a florescent light bulb and the bulb portion of one of my shop/heat lights with a black t shirt wrapped around to make a little hole to candle my eggs. My brown ones are hard to see through but I certainly saw the shadow of veins tonight.

Back
Top Bottom