Set eggs today Saturday 2/22 - anyone else?

I have 2 batches of shipped eggs going. The first was originally 12 but now have 6 healthy and progressing. I was pleased with 50% on shipped eggs. The second batch was 8 shipped eggs and I almost fell out of my chair when I candled and going on week 2, I'm at 100% developing. Never have I had that on non-shipped eggs let alone shipped eggs.

I went on lockdown last night. Two of my shipped eggs looked like quitters, but I left them since they don't stink. The other nine shipped eggs are still moving and hopefully ready to hatch. All 8 from my backyard flock still show movement. Since my shipped eggs had really bad air cells I am leaving them upright for lockdown, but I laid the rest of the eggs on their sides. Good luck to everyone. I hope you will post pictures as soon as you have some chicks out!

I just candled mine for the last time and saw movement in only a couple. The blue ones are so hard to see into and they were dark except the air cells so I think the chicks are just out of room to move around for my enjoyment. I removed the turner and laid them on their sides to hopefully help them orient themselves...I guess at this point it's just fingers crossed and we'll see who arrives this weekend.

Out of curiosity, what is everyone raising their humidity to now for lockdown?

I keep my humidity between 65 and 70%. I have 2 eggs pipped already and just locked down after my last turn last night. I actually took Friday and Saturday off work so I could be here to watch them hatch, but I guess they're going to start early. I hope a few wait til tomorrow evening.

Back
Top Bottom