Setting eggs 3/15/14 - Who is with me?

Quote:
The very generous suppliers and a friend whose idea of a "couple" of eggs (turned out to be dozen) is how I ended up with 42 eggs! Good luck - that is a lovely mix you have started ;)

just curious CoopDeDoo, in your profile pick....is that an owl with the baby chicks? or am i just crazy. I don't know if you've said or not, but everytime I see your pic I think that, lol

just curious CoopDeDoo, in your profile pick....is that an owl with the baby chicks? or am i just crazy. I don't know if you've said or not, but everytime I see your pic I think that, lol

It is an owl - there was a news article a couple of years ago from a German zoo or wildlife center ( can't remember which) that had an owl that was determined to hatch and since her eggs weren't fertile, they gave her chicken eggs. She successfully hatched them and then became very confused because the chicks didn't want to eat the regurgitated food she kept trying to feed them
sickbyc.gif

I 'll try to see if I can find the article.

It is an owl - there was a news article a couple of years ago from a German zoo or wildlife center ( can't remember which) that had an owl that was determined to hatch and since her eggs weren't fertile, they gave her chicken eggs. She successfully hatched them and then became very confused because the chicks didn't want to eat the regurgitated food she kept trying to feed them
sickbyc.gif

Here's the article: http://www.spiegel.de/international/zeitgeist/owl-raises-chicks-at-german-zoo-a-829641.html

sickbyc.gif

The mystery has been solved! Its been bugging me for a couple days, because you just think its got to be a chicken but stare at it awhile......haha

I just got my Turken eggs in the mail today :) Can't wait to get home from work and break them open they are a surprise for my oldest son I am not going to tell him what they are until they hatch. So fingers crossed they do hatch seem to be decently hatched.

Back
Top Bottom