Setting Eggs on April 24th!!!! Who wants to hatch along w/me???

Welcome along Geebs!!
woot.gif
we just kind of let each other know how we are doing and give support to each other when there is a problem! LOTS OF FUN!

Hey Scubadeaux, Hope you find your hen!!
fl.gif
Keep us posted!

I couldn't resist so I tried to candle a couple of eggs tonight. Not really sure what I'm looking at. I see a blob at the fat end and maybe a few dots around. I've got some shipped eggs that didn't break in shipping and a few from a friend. I'm hopping for some fuzzy butts from this group.
fl.gif
fl.gif

We are on day 10 - and still wondering about that one egg... it doesn't stink and I think I see some veining, maybe a shadow...

Set silkie eggs this morning and will be adding the others as they get here over the next 24 hours. I was afraid to let them sit much longer.

Last edited:
Quote:
I was wondering the same thing! And I have a staggered hatch to add to the confusion. I don't know what day to go on lockdown.

I've set 16 mille Fleur d'Uccle bantams on the afternoon of 4/23 . I was waiting for more eggs to show up in the mail, but decided I'd better not wait any longer, so I went ahead and put them in, hoping it wouldn't be much longer till the others arrived.

So the next day, 4/24 they arrived in the morning. I waited until midnight to put them in so they'd settle some. There are 6 Cochins, 9 BLRW/SLW,
3 Buff Orp, 2 Cuckoo Maran, 3 Blue Splash Maran, 4 Blue Copper Maran. That's 27 Standards! Plus the bantams =43 eggs total. And this is my first time hatching. Yikes! What have I done?
big_smile.png

I have a still air LG and I'm hand turning. 3 thermometers, averaging 102 right on top of the eggs, 100 near the side right on the wire, and 99-100 with one that's like a meat thermometer stuck through a vent hole. Humidity has ranged from 30-45, and will not go any higher. I hope this will be ok. Is it true that when on lockdown, it will tend to go up, especially when they start hatching?

I have calmed down a lot since I first set them. I'm still worried I'll kill them all, but I've made myself NOT run to the 'bator every 15 minutes to see what the temp/humidity is.

I am so glad to be part of BYC because the information is priceless...and so is the camaraderie is wonderful! I'm still new and learning the ropes. It really helps to have others who have "been there-done that" AND other newbies too! I don't feel so alone in all this very addicting thing which we call the chicken hobby!
wink.png

Last edited:
Well I'm so glad I am not the only one to wonder. Hopefully someone will answer our question. I will have a staggered hatch to. Im putting some more in tonight. We have a friend that is going to let me use her incubator for the time my other eggs are in lock down. So this will be interesting. Hopefully since this is our first hatch we will have some fuzzy butts running around in a couple of weeks....
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom