Setting Eggs Sept. 24th-Oct. 4th-Last Hatch of the Year. Anyone care to join me?

Whoo hoo, 23 babies out and more pipping ! Lots of chirping going on.
Nothing from the 2 eggs that had air cells on each end.
There were 2 when I got up yesterday, DH texted me at noon yesterday, there were 6 then, 9 when I got home, 3 more before I went to bed and a bunch of the little buggers when I got up this morning at 430am.
Should be interesting to see how many there are when I get home from work today.
Happy hatching everyone.
love.gif

wee.gif

Clunky Charms I'm so happy for you...see I knew they would hatch when they were ready...gotta just let them do their thing...if the pip is flaking off or moving then she will be working again from the inside...yay! Can't wait to hear good news on your first....so exciting....

Well I woke up this morning to all my 11 eggs hatched to my amazement although I did loose one yesterday after she hatched so I have 10 chicks...I am very happy with that....and the one that I tampered with is doing great and running around (she would have hatched by herself if I just stayed out of the batoranyway...)

So I am finished hatching in my bator...I think my broody in the garage is due this weekend...she has another 9 eggs under her...

After work today I will move the last 4 chicks to the brooder then tak some pics....I have a couple of strange colored chicks but they are all the same strange color so can't wait till they're fluffed up....yay chicks...

Once they pip it can take a good 24 hrs for them to wake back up and start to zip...take it from me...stay out of the bator...I was told that and one hatch I didn't and I shrink wrapped the last chicks...they will hatch but if for some reason they don't then it was for the best...
It is really hard but after a number of hatches I found that leaving them be is best..(even though I didn't today!)
Do what I say and not what I do!
hmm.png
LOL!!!!

Well i just bought some Palomino Brahma eggs from someone a few hours from me. Gonna go pick them up My very first "LOCAL" none shipped eggs. I only bought 5 so hope they(2 anyway) hatch as well as local eggs seem to for everyone. I am really excited about this So 5 MORE eggs to be set late this week i think. AND THEN...fOR REAL...... i gotta quit setting eggs!!

Shall we make a bet on this?
lau.gif
I'll bet a dozen eggs from whoever is laying next spring that she only makes it a few weeks before she sets some more...
gig.gif

It's been over 24 hours since that first pip, and I'm starting to see the little stinker make some progress now. :) He/she flipped open the pip (it wasn't flaked off before, just sort of vaulted and cracked open)...sooo there's proof for those of you who are worried about your chicks - sometimes it DOES take over 24 hours after pipping and they're still okay. :) I think it's been about 25 hours for this one and everything is looking okay...just flipped the flake off the pip and appears to be working his/her way around the inside.

[Edit] 1 more pip I didn't see before (don't know when it was made).

[Edit] 1:10 am - chick #1 is out of the egg and doing fine as far as I know. Slimy little thing looks like he/she has been playing in a booger pond all day, but very cute at the same time. Took 26 hours from pip to hatch.

There are 2 pipped eggs now (the one I mentioned prior and then another one I just noticed). They look like the first chick's pips - not really holes but vaulted cracks (still pips all the same).

YEAH!!!!!!! Congratulations on your new addition.
ya.gif
celebrate.gif
ya.gif

Whoo hoo, 23 babies out and more pipping ! Lots of chirping going on.
Nothing from the 2 eggs that had air cells on each end.
There were 2 when I got up yesterday, DH texted me at noon yesterday, there were 6 then, 9 when I got home, 3 more before I went to bed and a bunch of the little buggers when I got up this morning at 430am.
Should be interesting to see how many there are when I get home from work today.
Happy hatching everyone.
love.gif

wee.gif

Nice hatch rate!!! I can't wait until my girls start laying this spring.

Back
Top Bottom