Setting the week of August 22 (or so... ) Everyone join!! You know you want to!

Day 16, 9, and 4

How good of a chance does a chick have of hatching if the air sac is attached to the side of the egg instead of the top?

Also, I've been thinking about how I count the days. is the day you put the eggs in day 1 or day 0? The way I've been counting is by the end of the day not the start of the day.
The day you set is day 0

Ok, thanks. That is they way I have been counting but had to make sure. First set goes into lock down Wed. night.
wee.gif
So exciting! For anyone having trouble candling darker eggs I found that if I set the egg in the candler and also use my led flash light from the top it helps alot. At least I can tell if there is anybody growing in there.

Oh, I forgot where I read it but I thought that if you set in the morning, then its day 1. If you set in the evening, you start on the next day as 1...

Oh, I forgot where I read it but I thought that if you set in the morning, then its day 1. If you set in the evening, you start on the next day as 1...

That makes sense. All mine were set in the evening.

Here's a pic of the babies we picked up on Sat.

It's been a few months since I had any chicks...almost forgot how fast they mess up the brooder. I wish I had been able to get more turkeys. Even with all the chicks in there she seems lonely.

Day 16, 9, and 4

Last edited:
Thank goodness I was at home all day today - a lightning strike knocked out half the power to our house, including the room with the incubator. I hurriedly relocated it to a working power point. The temp had dropped only to about 32 degrees, and it popped back up within a couple of minutes once plugged in.

I am on Day 12. Candled everyone last night and pulled my 2 duds. I am down to 12 eggs now. Several have really funky air sacs from shipping. Hopping they will correct enough that the chick has a fighting chance.

Back
Top Bottom