quail_mother

Hatching
Jul 10, 2021
Hi, I am new here (and new to raising birds in general!) my family is on our first coturnix quail hatch and we’re a bit confused as to how to sex our quail. I was wondering if any of you could help me with sexing and figuring out the color of our quail? Thanks.

They are all three weeks old today, which i’ve heard is when you start seeing differences in their plumage. Please help me figure this out! I can provide better pictures if needed.
50410ED7-2ABF-44DD-9B5A-1FBB348B2B63.jpeg
93207050-1A94-4962-81C3-C35A7C60B734.jpeg
FCF2EC99-DD33-40EF-BAA8-ED6ADD0F0F82.jpeg

Unfortunately, it looks like you got colours that aren't feather sexable. You're going to have to wait until they're old enough to vent sex or they start laying or crowing.

That’s unfortunate. Thanks anyway, though. I’m hoping there’s only one (or better, zero) male because we really wouldn’t have enough females in there to prevent fights breaking out

Hi, I am new here (and new to raising birds in general!) my family is on our first coturnix quail hatch and we’re a bit confused as to how to sex our quail. I was wondering if any of you could help me with sexing and figuring out the color of our quail? Thanks.

They are all three weeks old today, which i’ve heard is when you start seeing differences in their plumage. Please help me figure this out! I can provide better pictures if needed.View attachment 2754346View attachment 2754347View attachment 2754348
Welcome to BYC!!!

@Kiki @Nabiki
Can you guys help?

Back
Top Bottom