sexing muscovies round 5 months old?

spish

De Regenboog Kippetjes
13 Years
Apr 7, 2010
Belgium
i wish to try and sex my scovys, theres 5 of them between 5 and 6 months old and i was wondering....how do i do it? they all look pretty much the same!

is there something i should be looking for in particular? ive seen feet mentioned but not sure what im meant to look for?

My four ducks are four monthes old and I think I have them sexed. Drakes are supposed to be the largest and I have a HUGE one and three small ones.

maybe mine are all the same sex then
idunno.gif
they are all the same size

i can take photos but i cant upload them from my computer to a hosting site, i have an old browser that no longer works with photobucket/tinypic/imageshack etc......

i can email pictures to someone though?

Another way that I sexed mine was that the females have red around there eyes and the males have more red around there eyes and beak. Thats how I figured mine out.

Muscovies are fairly easy to sex because the males get so much larger than the females. If they all look about the same size at that age they are probable all the same sex. As far as whether they are females or males. The females are slenderer with a definite feminine look to them. Males are "bulky".

Muscovies are great duck. Quiet, calm, curious and don't really need a pond. They do fly, but they stick around. They are smart enough to know where a good meal comes from.
smile.png

Male muskies tend to be heavier footed and waddle with big heavy steps. At four months, males should already be pinning things down and having their way with them. The size difference happens really quickly. I've got month olds and I can already see one is 3x the size of the rest and another is 2x the size of the others. I can see the little shy looking sweet thing is a girl. The girls tend to be 'shyer' in that cute little expression sense where they tuck their bills down and look at you all sweetly like they want some food or cuddles. They even have a bit of a shy walk. The males are ballsy and run and hiss and look proud and wag a lot. The girls will do all of it but much more sweetly.

well i have the pics all read....could someone upload them for me if i send them in an email? still cant get them from pb/tinypic/ etc onto here...the img tag box is no longer showing, think theres something awfully wrong with my computer(!)

Back
Top Bottom