Hi Fellow Hatchers, The box that my poor potential babies came in looked like an emotionally disturbed Rugby player used it to try out for the 'volleyball' team! Amazingly, only 1 egg was broken... 7 ways from Sunday, of course. Everyone else has some of the wonkiest mix of air cell types I have ever seen. Though this is only my second opportunity to set eggs, lol. So I let them sit in egg carton for a good while and decided to wholeheartedly give a 'go'. Two of the eight 'seem' to have stabilized? At first I wasn't 110% concerned as I only saw one of eight eggs veining out...happy just for that...but now that my odds jumped a tad with 6 out of 8...oh, and '8' is the cracked egg that I waxed the bajeezus out of just because I didn't want to immediately give up on it...yeah, I am one of those...NOW I am worry worting over these bubbies like nobody's business... So, here's my question... Has anyone done, or would, in fact, recommend lock down on day 16... instead of 18? If so, what was your success rate? Or at least your opinion whether this does, in deed, make sense to do...? It does to me only for the fact that they should be in position and ready to rock and roll by day 16, but with all the varied experience and opinion, I would prefer to hear from my peops in this forum. I will, as always, appreciate any and all input as this batch is making me much 'crazier' than my first (and I don't need anymore help in that dept.!) Thanks!