Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

One of my birds of old she passed at 6 years old .
Good tax bird
007.jpg

I've used permethrin for my hunting clothes. It keeps the ticks and chiggers away and its sold here as a flea and tick prevention so I would probably go with that if I saw mites or signs of them.
Something like this? I use this on the chickens. There are as there is with all chemicals natural or not, some chickens and humans that are allergic to the chemical.
The mites definitely are.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lifesystem...2JHQ124,B00AELWFFS,B07KK7XZYV,B07FS54PPV&th=1

That sounds really good! I have two heads of cabbage (red and white) that I was trying to figure out what to do with! Thank you!
It is my go-to winter salad. Like coleslaw but less heavy as it is a vinaigrette dressing. It is also really pretty with the different colors. Throw some herbs in as well if you have them.
The chickens really enjoyed it too. Even the carrots which in any other form are the embodiment of evil in their eyes.

Despite the downpours with the drizzle in between the chickens were pleased to be let out and thankfully the rear edge of the cloud front started to break up showing whiter and higher clouds above.
Matilda is back to normal. She's a very steady hen. She's laid her egg. There is only one shape and colour like hers.
The younger hens were wet. Some of the more senior just damp.
I was wet.:p:rolleyes::D
P3160637.JPG
P3160638.JPG
P3160639.JPG
P3160640.JPG
P3160642.JPG
P3160644.JPG
P3160645.JPG

The sunset was very Turner-ish. I have read that the sun is going to shine for a few days now.

Back
Top Bottom