Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

Our young naked necks
20220410_145501.jpg

Sunday small tax. Now that the two bantams have found how to get out of chicken zone we have to let everyone out to avoid a revolution.
View attachment 3057455
Drinking from the sprinkler is that sick hen's addictionView attachment 3057453

Can you spot Grochatila (fat-cat-TILA) disturbed during his nap on the manure pile 🤣? ( Hint : 50 cm above the rooster's tail)
View attachment 3057454
Stunning scenery! Pretty to look @ but pretty sure I wouldn't want to be walking up your hill every day! 😄

We hardly have a bus service here anymore. 40 bus drivers walked out the other day due too being conned out of a deal made by the bus company

Will these chickens be rehomed if it becomes impossible for them to be cared for at this allotment. I'm so sad too know you and C are having so many difficulties :(
I don't believe it will come to rehoming at any point. As long as C and I are able feed them, clean them out and change their water and let them out into the allotment this lot are probably having a better than average backyard chicken life.
As I've written above, when the population drops to 12 or less and more importantly stays at that or below then I can see it being practicable to build a new coop.

Sunday small tax. Now that the two bantams have found how to get out of chicken zone we have to let everyone out to avoid a revolution.
View attachment 3057455

Can you spot Grochatila (fat-cat-TILA) disturbed during his nap on the manure pile 🤣? ( Hint : 50 cm above the rooster's tail)
View attachment 3057454
Even with the hint Grochatila was very hard to find! Even with zooming.

I would not worry because I believe those two with all their antagonism are both way too stubborn for that to happen.

It's that obvious huh?:D

We have been doing much better recently I must point out in our defence.:p
We are begining to consult rather than just present differing views. I'm prepared to do what I can with that.

View attachment 3057455

View attachment 3057454
What an great set of pictures. I'm sure the sunshine helps to make everything look better.

Back
Top Bottom