Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

@Shadrach Dear Shad, I have been reading your lovely chicken stories that you wrote in July 2018. They were the best stories I've read in years. I was also able to read a lot more about them in bits in BY Bob's super long thread (currently at 1700 page out of 7000+). Today I finally got an account for only one reason: I really really want to buy your book whenever it comes out. Pardon me if the book is already out, I haven't read all 283 pages of this thread. PS: In case you haven't noticed, I am a huge fan of yours.
Welcome to the BYC Family LightM, or LM for short :hugs Shad is a wonderful teacher when it comes to chickens, but don't ask him to make a nice dinner on his new stove :gig

I never doubted it!

Do you have a photo of them?
I don't have great photos of them as a group, not too many individually either... I've been trying to get away from smartphones so it's not as easy as taking the picture and uploading. I only started raising chickens March 2021. I have a flock of 8 birds, including a rooster who I won't go near... My husband handles him well and is apparently a natural chicken whisperer... But I love all of them.

I will try to have some pictures in the near future. Is that my tax?

I don't have great photos of them as a group, not too many individually either... I've been trying to get away from smartphones so it's not as easy as taking the picture and uploading. I only started raising chickens March 2021. I have a flock of 8 birds, including a rooster who I won't go near... My husband handles him well and is apparently a natural chicken whisperer... But I love all of them.

Welcome to BYC. Yes, pictures of your chickens is the tax. And by the way we are all waiting for the book!

The tax is explained in a post back near the beginning of the thread:
(well, it's post 182, so I see it on page 19, but that's near the beginning for a thread of this length.)
An explanation of the TAX.
When By Bob created his Fluffy Butt Acres thread his intention was to talk about chickens. There are numerous threads on BYC where people can moan about their lives, their relatives, and talk about whatever other subject unrelated to chickens on.
Thread drift, like shite, happens. In order to minimize talk of such unimportnat matters unrelated to chickens By Bob introduced a tax system. If you posted on some other subject then you had to post a picture of a chicken as a penalty for thread trash. Bob being a warm and kind hearted man wouldn't just ban, or hurl abuse at the transgressions as I might (I'm getting better, honest:oops:)
I think it's a wonderful idea and it means that people can like a post even if they don't agree with the content because there is a lovely chicken in it.
It has by and large worked well. Bob's thread is imo one of the best on the site and I have kept it as my home thread on BYC for some time now.
So, to increase Bob's revenue I'm charging tax here. I'm purely a non profit concern and you will be happy to know that all tax collected goes towards Bob's thread eviction costs.:D

:cool:

Welcome to BYC. Yes, pictures of your chickens is the tax. And by the way we are all waiting for the book!
My tax payment
C67DFADA-51DD-4FFD-BED7-9BED63ACA5B4.jpeg

That is adorable! I think I am reading about her growing up, integrating with your 3 princesses right now in Bob's great thread. (Is that Dotty or Minnie?)
That is Minnie all fluffed up in the cold and sporting new grey spangles on her red chest.
Dotty decided to hard molt just as we hit record low temperatures so she is looking pretty awful right now.

Back
Top Bottom