Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

I also appreciated the way size was described. Very sensible.
Yes. I liked that they differentiated between bantams & standards. Most places I've ever looked @ don't. If you know something about hen breeds that gives you some sort of guide as to what you could possibly house appropriately. You would have to do some math if you wanted Jersey Giants or Sussex or Orps but better than being told 8 chickens when it will only house 4 bantams properly.

Yes. I liked that they differentiated between bantams & standards. Most places I've ever looked @ don't. If you know something about hen breeds that gives you some sort of guide as to what you could possibly house appropriately. You would have to do some math if you wanted Jersey Giants or Sussex or Orps but better than being told 8 chickens when it will only house 4 bantams properly.
Exactly! That little flat pack the hens use as a nesting box was advertised as suitable for six!! I had three in it and realised how inadequate it was within a day.

I'm also curious about plastic coops and mites. Does anyone have experience?

Back
Top Bottom