Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

So, I have a question for one and/or all. Now that the 4th of July is upon us it is time for me to pack my fuzzy creatures up and take them to the cabin in the mountains so they don't have to suffer the trauma of my neighbors blowing up the hood -Why turning neighborhoods into warlike zones and traumatizing people and pets is considered exceptable or a celebration is something I can't wrap my head around- anywho, I'm thinking of splitting my flock and keeping older/heart of flock up the mountain with me for the summer. I brought most up last summer and it was great cept now my flock is bigger... I don't have room for all comfortably so thinking of leaving at least 13 home with my husband. I'll put Beetlejuice in charge of the Lani's and may do a hatch of pure B. Brahma's when I get home.
20220628_122805.jpg
20220630_060918.jpg

My question is about the reintro. Last time I did this I only left 2 Buffs w/DH. It boosted confidence in the little sweeties and was a fairly seamless reintro when I brought the main/older flock back down.
My question is; am I asking for trouble splitting my flock for my 2-3 month hiatus? Should I just suck it up and build another coop so I can accommodate all assimilate buff roo on new grounds and avoid reintro drama?
20220622_060917.jpg

So, I have a question for one and/or all. Now that the 4th of July is upon us it is time for me to pack my fuzzy creatures up and take them to the cabin in the mountains so they don't have to suffer the trauma of my neighbors blowing up the hood -Why turning neighborhoods into warlike zones and traumatizing people and pets is considered exceptable or a celebration is something I can't wrap my head around- anywho, I'm thinking of splitting my flock and keeping older/heart of flock up the mountain with me for the summer. I brought most up last summer and it was great cept now my flock is bigger... I don't have room for all comfortably so thinking of leaving at least 13 home with my husband. I'll put Beetlejuice in charge of the Lani's and may do a hatch of pure B. Brahma's when I get home.View attachment 3169242View attachment 3169243
My question is about the reintro. Last time I did this I only left 2 Buffs w/DH. It boosted confidence in the little sweeties and was a fairly seamless reintro when I brought the main/older flock back down.
My question is; am I asking for trouble splitting my flock for my 2-3 month hiatus? Should I just suck it up and build another coop so I can accommodate all assimilate buff roo on new grounds and avoid reintro drama?View attachment 3169256
I obviously don't have enough chicken experience to give advice. I would just ask if you know whether this will be a recurring situation every year , or not ? The effort of building a coop could well be worth it if you are going to put it to use several times.

So, I have a question for one and/or all. Now that the 4th of July is upon us it is time for me to pack my fuzzy creatures up and take them to the cabin in the mountains so they don't have to suffer the trauma of my neighbors blowing up the hood -Why turning neighborhoods into warlike zones and traumatizing people and pets is considered exceptable or a celebration is something I can't wrap my head around- anywho, I'm thinking of splitting my flock and keeping older/heart of flock up the mountain with me for the summer. I brought most up last summer and it was great cept now my flock is bigger... I don't have room for all comfortably so thinking of leaving at least 13 home with my husband. I'll put Beetlejuice in charge of the Lani's and may do a hatch of pure B. Brahma's when I get home.View attachment 3169242View attachment 3169243
My question is; am I asking for trouble splitting my flock for my 2-3 month hiatus? Should I just suck it up and build another coop so I can accommodate all assimilate buff roo on new grounds and avoid reintro drama?View attachment 3169256
I don't know enough to advise. All I can say is I worried about my chickens the first July 4th but they were completely unconcerned. My cats do not like fireworks or thunder but the chickens seem not to care about either. They are also no put off by leaf blowers or mechanical diggers.
Strange chickens!

I obviously don't have enough chicken experience to give advice. I would just ask if you know whether this will be a recurring situation every year , or not ? The effort of building a coop could well be worth it if you are going to put it to use several times.
Most excellent point 😂
Honestly I don't know if this will be an every year event. I built it so it can all roll away within a few hours if needed. This potentially being my 2nd year I am so far dragging my feet with only the 4th to inspire my move so far.

I don't have answers but couldn't miss the opportunity to say your flock is gorgeous!

Back
Top Bottom