Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

Nope. Definitely not. Only cities upstate have regular busses, and they go into some of the towns for a few runs. We were at a concert 40 minutes away a few months ago, and there wasn’t a bus, not even Uber service or a taxi that would pick up in that area, and it is a decent sized tourist destination in the town there.
When a hospital moved a mile away from me they ran a bus line to it. I was curious how long it would take to get to work.
The walk to the hospital was on a lane and a half tar and chip country road with ambulances, traffic and no shoulders just ditches and farm field. So I would have to change at work.
I would have to transfer several times and the bus ride was TWO and a HALF HOURS plus the walk , for a 20 minute drive :rant
It didn't run when I got off work at midnight.

There is a township bus that will take people to places in the township for a few dollars. Have to sign up a couple days in advance and it didn't run at night either. Right now they have a driver shortage and I don't think it's too reliable either.

The underlying theory is that producing electricity in a clean way is not so hard and indeed in many places there has been a lot of progress towards wind, solar, hydro etc.
So if all cars were electric and most electricity generation was clean, then it would solve a lot of problems. Eventually.
I agree but I don't know if that's possible. For example, a lot of oil is used in the gearboxes of those giant windmills. And the batteries for the electric cars require mining for precious materials mostly in third world countries. Not arguing, just adding to your thoughts.

The underlying theory is that producing electricity in a clean way is not so hard and indeed in many places there has been a lot of progress towards wind, solar, hydro etc.
So if all cars were electric and most electricity generation was clean, then it would solve a lot of problems. Eventually.
Yes still problems
Wind kills birds, but I have read painting one blade black helps.
Solar takes up room and I was reading an article about putting them in the desert but it was raising the temperature... and I thought the shade would lower temperature.
Hydro restricts fish movement and silt for barrier Islands.

Reducing use helps the plant but not the economy as someone pointed out

Ex Batts good afternoon one and all!

85 partly sunny 80 % humidity feels like 96 rain showers today.

In relation to dirty fuel this is the type of fuel that pays the bills for a lot of US citizens.

I come from a state that relies on coal for its excavation for for their lively hood.

It is a very poor state and the citizens have ask for a nuclear waste dump to be located there.

Have a great day!

Wow someone posted an estimate to replace battery on hybrid. I cropped the VIN number ECT. So it doesn't show it was for a Chevy volt at 70,000 miles
$29,000

tapatalk_2058822391_360x480~2.jpeg

Ex Batts good afternoon one and all!

85 partly sunny 80 % humidity feels like 96 rain showers today.

In relation to dirty fuel this is the type of fuel that pays the bills for a lot of US citizens.

I come from a state that relies on coal for its excavation for for their lively hood.

It is a very poor state and the citizens have ask for a nuclear waste dump to be located there.

Have a great day!
This is a very good point. I come from a state where a percentage of the population is reliant on things like mining ~ we overturned a certain election over this particular quandary. If we want to put people out of work over fossil fuels etc we need to provide alternative employment. These people have families to feed.
TAX.
20220729_094300 (2).jpg

He looks very comfortable Shad.
Hey X Batts I grew up on grain beef out to slaughter.
Grass fed has a pungent odor.. JMHO
That is old school..
TaxView attachment 3245213
He's not doing to badly Penny. He finds about 20 to 30 minutes out walking his limit now. He used to walk miles. He has a very irritating habit of going on strike. He'll just sit down and refuse to move.:barnie

Back
Top Bottom