Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

Just from my personal experience turkeys and chickens get along fine. Our flock of turkeys grew up with a few chicks that hatched simultaneously. Two young cockerels still live with the turkeys. And we range the turkeys with all of our chickens with no issues.
1000006772.jpg

@Ponypoor the 2 cockerels in this pic still reside with the turkeys.

Sometimes my intestines need time to ….. Boring to wait. If I have my mobile at hand I might read and text on my iPhone 📱. Not very different behaviour from people who take a newspaper or magazine with them.
Do you carry your mobile phone with you around the house?:eek:
Events still happen at the speed they always have. Knowing about them more quickly doesn't make the slightest diffenrence to the event. Just adds more stress to life.

I do.
Events still happen at the speed they always have. Knowing about them more quickly doesn't make the slightest diffenrence to the event. Just adds more stress to life.

Yes, with a slight exception for wildfire season. Then there's an actual need to carry the phone around

My phone is used for:

texting
phone calls
taking pictures (mostly of my chickens)
mobile hot spot for computer
alarm clock
timer/stopwatch for cooking or exercising
calculator
writing quick notes of things I need to remember
checking cardinal directions (really. I want to know where south is in my garden)

One of those chicken pics for tax:
Pip, taking a nap on my lap.
IMG_E5455.JPG

The only reason I got a mobile phone was to shut my brother up. He worries that I live alone. He worries that I will fall down the stairs, break a hip, and die before anyone misses me..or sum such death.

The only reason I got a mobile phone was to shut my brother up. He worries that I live alone. He worries that I will fall down the stairs, break a hip, and die before anyone misses me..or sum such death.
I got given mine just before I left Spain. In order to do the things I needed to do a smart phone was the only realistic proposition. Now I carry it when I go out for similar reasons to you. I hadn't had any sort of phone for the ten years in Catalonia. I can't say I missed them.:p

However, I think the majority of smart phones can do something that can save money and help limit aimless internet wandering. It's called USB tethering. Once set up and connected by a USB cable the phone can act as a modem for a full sized computer with keyboard and screen.
I had a broadband wired internet connection installed when I moved in. The deal was okay, twenty pounds a month for adeqaute speed on a contract that lasted eighteen months. I didn't notice the first bill payment but on the second I saw it had gone up to fifty two pounds a month!
It gets worse.:(:lol:
During my recent sickness relatives suggested I subscribed to Netfix and Prime and I could watch movies on the computer to help keep me entertained. About ten pounds each.
13811-b8bf2b7034744e246c9fb291e2f7f816.gif

Then there's the phone; that's another ten pounds for 7GB of data a month with free text and calls (there are of course limitations).
That lot adds up to eighty pounds a month to talk to people, which I'm not overly keen on, and watch shite films. :idunnoI've watched some serious crap over the last few weeks and I've done it because it was there and an easy option.

My data usage before Netfix and Prime arrived on the computer was around 6GB. I haven't got any friendlier so I guess my usage is pretty steady.:p My phone will cover 6GB and more. I can get a further 5GB of data for five pounds.
That knocks sixty five pounds a month off my bills and will probably improve my mental and physical health in the process.
Netfix and Prime have gone. Wired internet connection is going at the end of the month. I've tested tethering out on all three of my computers and it works well.

Course, if you don't hear from me for a bit don't assume I've dropped dead; it's possible I've overlooked something on the technical front.:p

Back
Top Bottom