Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

are they windfall peaches in the photos there? Do the chickens eat them? (I would if I were there!)

They're windfall oranges! I haven't really seen the birds going after the fallen ones, so it's mainly the humans that love them; well, the ones still intact, that is. I have occasionally seen them eating little bugs and whatnot that have taken hold of the decaying fruit. I'm sure the birds know when the fruit is in decay, maybe that's why they refrain from eating it entirely. I have offered apples from the few apple trees on the property, and they seem to take a bite out of those (not the seeds). Possibly because the apples don't fall from the tree as easily, so their experience with apples on the ground is not the same

Has any of you have any ideas about a new/temporarily must see in London?
My DH and I have a work related symposium in London and we added two days to visit a few nice musea or other thing in the British capital.
London Holiday GIF by Virgin Atlantic

Has any of you have any ideas about a new/temporarily must see in London?
My DH and I have a work related symposium in London and we added two days to visit a few nice musea or other thing in the British capital.
London Holiday GIF by Virgin Atlantic
If you haven't done it already, the Houses of Parliament are well worth a visit. Also the War Rooms (nearby). The Globe might have space for groundlings if you can fit a play into your schedule, https://www.shakespearesglobe.com/whats-on/ (and the guided tour is good anyway). The number 10 bus used to go a terrific route along/ past some of the best landmarks (and at normal bus prices instead of insane tourist bus prices) but you'd want to check the route, as it was a few decades since I last took that!
The big museums have more than you can see in a year if you really get stuck into the collections; The science museum, Natural History, V&A cover most interests between them. The Soane is off the usual tourist track (though right in the heart of London) and an adventure in itself. That lot should keep you going through a wet weekend :D

Go to Bristol and see Shadrach :ya
🤣Its about already about 8 hours to travel to London by train. And another 8 hours to go back home. If Bristol was just outside London I would have loved too.

The Soane is off the usual tourist track (though right in the heart of London) and an adventure in itself.
This will be my 4th visit. So we have seen most well known museums in the past. But some are worthwhile to visit a second or a third time.
Love the Soane tip. This seems very interesting indeed.
My husband says he wants to go the old BATTERSEA POWER STATION thinking it was a museum. 🫣 First time ever he wants to go shopping for fun.

A Shakespeare play in English will be a extremely hard nut to crack for both of us. Our English isnt that good. I rather go to a play in Dutch in my own town or somewhere nearby.

Did see a wonderful modern musical/play/dance act of Midsummer nights dream last autumn. A bit strange starting with a prehistoric woman in bear fur, with Shakespeare himself to introduce the play and sometimes with other characters like a gay king and male partner and other modernisms. ;)

London and Shakespeare Tax :
Janice
IMG_3926.jpeg

Ini mini
IMG_3921.jpeg

.. more new / interesting tips to visit are welcome.

2 lesser known places:
https://foundlingmuseum.org.uk/visit-us/ good links on their website to other nearby attractions, places to eat etc.
https://www.chelseaphysicgarden.co.uk/ 350 yr old botanical garden originally set up by the Worshipful Society of Apothecaries as a “show & tell” for students learning about medicinal /herbal plants so not new. Bit out of the main drag but more people scale than Kew. Also just over the river from Battersea power station so if you’re bored with shopping…. 🤣 (About a 20 minute walk along Chelsea embankment & over Chelsea Bridge - one for a dry day!)

Alternatively have a look at the visit London website
https://www.visitlondon.com/things-to-do/whats-on/art-and-exhibitions/top-10-exhibitions links to many other ideas there

@BDutch If the weather allows it, a nice bike ride along the River Lea towpath with lunch in a pub. If it's raining I'd spend the day in the National Gallery or the Tate Modern. There's usually a special exhibit and sometimes artworks are re-hung in interesting ways, so a repeat visit pays off.

Back
Top Bottom