Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

Oh boy I don't think this would fly on this side of the pond.
Tin hat People have been saying the whole AI was political to control the food supply. When I pointed out that it had been in UK before here then it's Bill Gates and a new world order. ... Like covid...
Well, we've got a tin hat contingent over here. It's getting more and more difficult to separate the nut jobs from those with a genuine and rational position regarding the protection of civil rights from the rest. Registration was the norm in Catalonia and I believe it's the case in other parts of Europe. Many won't register of course, but falling foul of DEFRA isn't something to be taken lightly.

Last edited:
some tax for law and ID talk: Quenell working a rotting log this morning
Q working wood.JPG

There were no visible insect prey there, and I suspect she might have been hunting funga not fauna. I learnt recently that there are estimated to be between 2.2 and 3.8 million species of fungi in the world - that's about 6-10 times the estimated number of plant species - and over 90% of them have yet to be described (Sheldrake, Entangled Life, illustrated edition 2023:29).

So far in our garden I've identified the blusher, some boletes, chicken of the woods, some club fungi, cobalt crust, earthballs, fairy ring champignon, inkcaps, jelly ears, King Alfred's cakes, mycenas, a saddle fungus, and turkey tail. There are dozens of others I've not been able to identify, even loosely. I think this one is the weirdest and loveliest, so far
Inkcap (Coprinoid) on track.JPG

One minute it's a translucent, delicate cup, a few hours later it's dissolved into ink!

Back
Top Bottom