Shadrach's Lamps

Finished polising up fracture today and finished this which I haven't named yet. I've run out of electrical fittings and I may adopt the practice of not fitting electrics permenantly until a lamp is sold for the future. Some look fine as sculptures and the hole in the top can be plugged reasonably easily while taking the electrics back out is a bit of a mission.

I learn't something doing this piece. Like Arboc and a couple of others, I've headed off in one direction only to find as I've worked the piece that I got lost and the piece gets put to one side. Sometimes it takes months, sometimes only a few days and I get a new picture in my head of how it could be. Most of the pieces that go this route turn out okay in the end. I'm left wondering why it takes so long sometimes to finally see what will work.:confused:
Just musing to myself.
Anyway, I'm pleased with this one. It's 250mm tall and quite slender so it's a small lamp.
The piece of very white oak I've got by the speaker is calling to me now.
P3010590.JPG
P3010591.JPG
P3010592.JPG
P3010593.JPG
P3010594.JPG
P3010595.JPG

Had a fire wood delivery today. Last of the year.
I've moaned before that the wood yard didn't have any Cork Oak. I've moaned at them as well.:p
Quite a lot of Cork Oak in this pile. They scraped together all the bits they could find.
I've already picked out 5 promising pieces and a couple of decent bits of plain Alzina.:wee
The camera has washed a lot of the colour out.
L to R. Cork Oak x2 and Alzina.
P3100634.JPG

Back view.
P3100637.JPG

The pile.
P3100638.JPG

Had a fire wood delivery today. Last of the year.
I've moaned before that the wood yard didn't have any Cork Oak. I've moaned at them as well.:p
Quite a lot of Cork Oak in this pile. They scraped together all the bits they could find.
I've already picked out 5 promising pieces and a couple of decent bits of plain Alzina.:wee
The camera has washed a lot of the colour out.
L to R. Cork Oak x2 and Alzina.
View attachment 2563945
Back view.
View attachment 2563948
The pile.
View attachment 2563952
I can't wait to see what you make next!

Back
Top Bottom