Share the Journey! Keeping up with the Peeps.

The Coop-D-etat

And to you good madame, I ruffle mine Feathers 🐓
Feb 6, 2021
Bismarck, North Dakota
Hiya Friends!

I thought maybe that this would be a good idea. During these odd and stressful times I think we could use a good, healthy distraction a.k.a CHICKENS. So I thought starting a thread that will allow us to share and enjoy each other's comraderie! I'll be getting my new batch of chicks this coming March 15th! And I wanted to document their growth through pictures and updates. So I invite as many as would like to share their new hatchlings on this thread with regular updates. No Rhyme or reasoning just pure interest in other people's chick rearing adventure. And to see other's chicks growing from a fuzzball to a full grown beautiful bird in its own right. All for pure enjoyment of those who think likewise! 😁

Really! Let's see em! Post weekly or daily photos, stories, facts, or intrest in a specific breed! I want to see it all! And enjoy other's adventures on raising a new generation of cluckers. Looking forward to making some new friends both human and bird😁

Hiya Friends!

I thought maybe that this would be a good idea. During these odd and stressful times I think we could use a good, healthy distraction a.k.a CHICKENS. So I thought starting a thread that will allow us to share and enjoy each other's comraderie! I'll be getting my new batch of chicks this coming March 15th! And I wanted to document their growth through pictures and updates. So I invite as many as would like to share their new hatchlings on this thread with regular updates. No Rhyme or reasoning just pure interest in other people's chick rearing adventure. And to see other's chicks growing from a fuzzball to a full grown beautiful bird in its own right. All for pure enjoyment of those who think likewise! 😁

Really! Let's see em! Post weekly or daily photos, stories, facts, or intrest in a specific breed! I want to see it all! And enjoy other's adventures on raising a new generation of cluckers. Looking forward to making some new friends both human and bird😁
These are my new babies
They turn 4 weeks tomorrow
2 cream legbars, 2 BCM, and 3 Ayam Cemanis FCE95596-0B42-4A81-89AC-B5C3C33B1369.jpeg E880B0BD-3A3C-4CDF-89A7-483A4CBDB100.jpeg 412675A4-4FD9-454B-9767-5C6265F62FDA.jpeg

The CLs and BCMs are all pullets and I have no idea about the AC
:love oh wow! They're very cute! How exciting! What made you pick these? Just have a fancy for them? Or specific interests. Where did you get them from? And 4 weeks!? That's a fine head start to me:gig. How's the weather where you reside? I can't wait to see these guys grow further! Thank you for Jumpstarting this thread!

:love oh wow! They're very cute! How exciting! What made you pick these? Just have a fancy for them? Or specific interests. Where did you get them from? And 4 weeks!? That's a fine head start to me:gig. How's the weather where you reside? I can't wait to see these guys grow further! Thank you for Jumpstarting this thread!
Your welcome. I am in Texas and got them from a local breeder. Right now it’s icy so I feel like I’m not in Texas anymore because it’s usually 80-100 degrees Fahrenheit here. I saw a homesteading YouTuber that hatched Ayam Cemani eggs and that got me interested and I really like the cream legbar coloring and egg color. I am excited for the marans because of their eggs and personalities:)

I have 17 more chicks coming from a hatchery in June so I’m gonna have my hands full.

Your welcome. I am in Texas and got them from a local breeder. Right now it’s icy so I feel like I’m not in Texas anymore because it’s usually 80-100 degrees Fahrenheit here. I saw a homesteading YouTuber that hatched Ayam Cemani eggs and that got me interested and I really like the cream legbar coloring and egg color. I am excited for the marans because of their eggs and personalities:)

I have 17 more chicks coming from a hatchery in June so I’m gonna have my hands full.
Wow! I hope your doing well down there. I see what's been happening to Texas all over and it's terrible! I hope the best for you you your floofers! I'd have to agree those Ayam Cemani's are striking to say the least. And the marans lay those beautiful rusty-choclate colored eggs correct? 17 more! Haha wow! I'm jealous that's going to be so fun! Are you getting them from the same local breeder as well?

Wow! I hope your doing well down there. I see what's been happening to Texas all over and it's terrible! I hope the best for you you your floofers! I'd have to agree those Ayam Cemani's are striking to say the least. And the marans lay those beautiful rusty-choclate colored eggs correct? 17 more! Haha wow! I'm jealous that's going to be so fun! Are you getting them from the same local breeder as well?
No I ordered from McMurray Hatchery
First time ordering from a hatchery
They will be my 3rd batch of chicks to raise. My 1st were from Tractor Supply (I probably won’t buy chicks from them again) my 2nd are my current batch and then the hatchery ones will be my third

Can’t wait to see your babies!
What breed are you getting?
Thank you! I literally am like a fidgeting child. I'm becoming very impatient as the day gets closer. I'm getting 3 Barnavelders, 1 Barnevelder Rooster, 2 speckled Sussex ( my all time favorite), two Black Australorps.

Just today I called the hatchery I'm going through and added two more birds to my order.🤣 I called and ordered two "Green Queens" because I wanted Green eggs. So I placed the order...like an hour later they called me back and said there was an error for the website/stock wasn't updated. As sad as I was they said I could pick any standard sized breed of chicken to replace them I wanted for free. SO I decided to go with two Lavender Orpingtons! I've been wanting some of those since I found out about them so it was a little disappointing but now I'm even more excited because LO's are EXPENSIVE on the site I'm ordering from (MyPetChicken.com) so 10 in all

This is my first time ever ordering through the mail and I'm quite nervous😅

Back
Top Bottom