Share the Journey! Keeping up with the Peeps.

No I ordered from McMurray Hatchery
First time ordering from a hatchery
They will be my 3rd batch of chicks to raise. My 1st were from Tractor Supply (I probably won’t buy chicks from them again) my 2nd are my current batch and then the hatchery ones will be my third
Oh really!? Glad to see I'm not alone on being a first timer with ordering through a hatchery! May I ask why you won't go through TCS anymore?

Oh really!? Glad to see I'm not alone on being a first timer with ordering through a hatchery! May I ask why you won't go through TCS anymore?
One of the chicks I got had a weird looking rash that I noticed when I got home and I knew if I took it back it would probably die so I kept it. She’s fine and a normal golden comet today but it was just a pain

Im
Thank you! I literally am like a fidgeting child. I'm becoming very impatient as the day gets closer. I'm getting 3 Barnavelders, 1 Barnevelder Rooster, 2 speckled Sussex ( my all time favorite), two Black Australorps.

Just today I called the hatchery I'm going through and added two more birds to my order.🤣 I called and ordered two "Green Queens" because I wanted Green eggs. So I placed the order...like an hour later they called me back and said there was an error for the website/stock wasn't updated. As sad as I was they said I could pick any standard sized breed of chicken to replace them I wanted for free. SO I decided to go with two Lavender Orpingtons! I've been wanting some of those since I found out about them so it was a little disappointing but now I'm even more excited because LO's are EXPENSIVE on the site I'm ordering from (MyPetChicken.com) so 10 in all

This is my first time ever ordering through the mail and I'm quite nervous😅
getting 5 speckled Sussex in June too
Super excited
I love lavender orps, they are pricey. My current chicks are keeping me busy but I still can’t wait until June.

Here’s my order 371476CE-5ECC-429A-B4A7-EF8C927B1151.png
I’m kinda on the fence about the free one because there’s a 50/50 change of it being a cockerel and I already have 2 cockerels in my order.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom