Sharing Water Supply?

gamebirdboy

Songster
8 Years
Apr 29, 2011
East Tennessee
I'm working on a new auto waterer and I'm picking up a few 55 gallon drums. I want to use one supply for all the drink cups. There will be about 10 cups, chicken and quail sized. I'm going to use PVC pipe to run the water to the cups and insulate it. I will hook a hose and float valve to it in the summer so I don't have to fill it. If gravity fed won't have enough pressure I can use a small pump. Does this sound good so far? So the question is, can they share a water supply? They are separated by a fence that is about 5 feet from end of the chicken coop. The quail are about 10 feet away from the 6 foot fence. So will it be fine for them to share the water tank and lines? Thanks

Well I'm thinking that if you're quail and chickens are close enough to be able to share a water supply that they'll catch anything airborne long before they catch anything from the water.

If you are picking up a few 55 gal. drums, then why not make at least 2 different and separate watering systems?

Just Design/ Route The System So It Runs Thru The Gamebirds 1st Then On To Chickens... It Will Be Pressurized So It Should Be A 1 Way Trip

Think Cleanest To Dirtiest

Back
Top Bottom