Shark snipers Wine dots NEW HATCHES and puppies 1/24/2011 update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Saw this and thought might jump in just in case it may be informative/useful- your chicks are genetically GL with dominant white added. DW has a strong effect on black and very little on red series pigments.. result on GL= black lacing 'turned' white and leaving the gold center mostly unaffected.

If you need new blood and can't get more BLB, just get nice GL.... sex doesn't matter. Or at least don't be afraid of going for real nice GL to help improve type or ??

Way ahead of you Kev.... I have GL Cochins..........

Haha, going to make buff laced cochins or outcross to GL cochins to bring in new blood occasionally?

Quote:
LOL BLR cochins? Yah I wish... I have BLRW's but they are from some of the best lines.

I wonder how many generations of breeding that would take!!??!?! They would be so CUTE!!!

probably 4 gens depending what color cochin you start with. if it's a silver laced, your first gen will hasve BLR in there.

Quote:
What are the accepted colors in cochins & the more common non-standard colors?

If red duckwing/bbr doesn't exist in cochins, it would be easiest to go with partridges or wheatens if those are available.. because with those the roosters would very similar to crele roos anyways. Introducing red duckwing into cochins would be a challenge by itself.. Use a barred cochin, remember barring is sex linked so mate according to your plans.

Would completely avoid mating any of the crele projects with buff and whites.. unless you are in major need of improving type, a white may work especially if you know what color and pattern is behind the white..

hugs.gif

Quote:
hugs.gif

sorry Jen.

Hey girls....(and guys) just thought to check in and see how everyone's doing...been pretty busy lately with school, work, football and baseball....I miss yall! Jen, thanks for checking up on me....anyone here on facebook?

Jen, There is an interesting article on breeding partridge in this months poultry press. It's not about cochins, but rather how to select and breed for the color.

Phage, we need a update on your silkies.

Breed nationals in dogs usually take about a week. Depends on the breed and if you're staying for all the event.

Hoppy, I was toying around with the idea of entering a show that is local, but they require numbered leg bands. Where's the best place to order these? I really don't want these on my Cochins, but I guess I can put them on temporarily. Any tips?

Quote:
I have Wheatens! Of course 3 pullets and 5 cockerals. They haven't started laying yet. But the eggs they hatched from were nice and blue...From AHappyChick. One Question though...Of the 5 cockerals, I think one is a blue wheaten. If I keep only one, should it be the blue or the regular wheaten. I can't really tell if any of the pullets are blue

edited for really crappy spelling...not enough coffee yet....

The wheaten pullets will have black tips to their tail feathers, the BW will have blue. The splash wheaten will be whiteish. I you cross BW to BW you'll get 25% Wheaten, 50% BW, 25% Splash Wheaten. Do you know where her stock came from?

Thanks Dak,

Some of the pullets do have black on their wings and one doesn't. I guess I'll keep the BW cock, and eat the rest. Ooops, did I say that out loud. I'm sorry but, Ive been eating my extra BLRWs and Orps, and I must say, they are DE-LISH-E-OUS. And the feed bill has gone WAY down

I will PM Happy, and ask her where her's camr from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom